Thursday, January 2, 2020

Aerial and Mooch {Lavinia World #17}

I have two posts today.  Please scroll down to view my happy news 😊!



Hey everyone.  It's the first Thursday of the new year (and a new decade), so that means it's time for a new Lavinia World Challenges #17.

The theme is always Anything Goes using a stamped image (no digis please).  Of course, if you use a Lavinia stamp, you get bonus points 😂. You can enter our challenge either through our Challenge Blog, or through our Anything Lavinia Facebook Group.  We'd love to have you join us in both places!  The winner of the challenge wins a $15 gift code to go shopping at Lavinia World.

For my project I created this large scene using the following stamps:



I started out by using a stamp positioning tool and laying the clear stamps onto white cardstock.  Next I stamped each image using either VersaFine Claire or a combination of VersFine Claire and Distress Markers in order to achieve multiple colors.  (It's hard to tell in the photo, but Aerial actually has greens, blues, reds, brown, and yellows all stamped at one time.) Next I cleaned off the stamp, leaving it where it was, and then stamped with VersaMark.  Then each stamp was heat set with clear embossing powder.

I laid out the clear stamps where I wanted them and then used a combination of Distress Markers and VersaFine Clair inks to get multiple colors on the various images.  I also heat set the stamped images with clear embossing powder.

Once the scene was completed, I created the background with Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Gathered Twigs, Ground Expresso).  Since each image was heat embossed with Clear embossing powder, none of the background ink interfered with the image.

Sparkle was added along the edges using double sided adhesive tape and glitter.  The glitter decided to stick to a lot of the heat embossed areas too (and wouldn't brush off), so my scene had even more fairy dust than originally anticipated 😂.

To finish off the project, I added a "frame" created with an old Spellbinders border die (Grand 12" Big Scalloped Border) and I cut it to fit.

Now it's your turn!  Share your projects with us on the Challenge Blog, Facebook, Instagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia

STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!


You have until Monday, Jan 13 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  We can't wait to see what you share with us!! Don't forget, the winner will receive a $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.


Until next time.....

11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Anne! I love that each stamp has its own colors. I feel like I'm in a nearby thicket or cave peering out to witness your fairy transferring her lovingkindness to Mooch. I admire that you used the oxides after stamping your scene - I tried it a few times (including this challenge), but it doesn't work so well for me. Sigh. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm oxide challenged! Happy New Year, Anne! xx

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Gah! Looks at all of the glitter- we all need more glitter in our life! Such a fantastic scene!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty! Love all the stamps that you have coordinated into this fun little scene! I think the extra fairy dust is a great touch!

Lena said...

Love the beautiful scene you created. Such beautiful colours all sprinkled with magical fairy dust. Simply beautiful!
Happy New Year.
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

laurie said...

Wow..so pretty!! Magical scene!

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is awesome Anne! I love the scene you created, those whimsical whisps are so pretty! I love the cat too! More stamps to add to my Wish List!

Donna said...

Beautiful scene, I really like the whimsical whisps! Happy New Year!

Steph Ackerman said...

LOVE, what a beautiful scene. Love all the glitter.

Anne Buckingham said...

The card is stunning. Love the background you created with the mushrooms scattered around. The fairy and the cat seem real. Love the sparkle of fairy dust. Beautiful card.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Anne, so sparkly pretty, i love the scene you created and how you stamped in color. :)

Alina Florea said...

Absolutely adorable card. So many elements and so much color!!! Loove it