Thursday, January 30, 2020

Inspire Me {Lavinia World #19}



Hey everyone, it's time for a new bi-weekly challenge from Lavinia World Challenges. The theme is always anything goes using a stamped image (no digis please) and the winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World.

For this challenge #19, I created a fun fold tee-pee card using the following Lavinia stamps and papers:


This is actually a pretty easy fold to make.  It's two squares scored diagonally from point to point and then layered together.  You only want to add adhesive on the front flap so that it will fold flat for mailing.  The only other thing to be aware of is when you add your focal point, in this case the Dragonfly Keepers that was stamped onto the Winter Chill paper, you watch the alignment of the stamp.

The paper needs to be at an angle when stamped instead of having the bottom straight. If you stamp it with the bottom perfectly horizontal then your image will be crooked when you begin to adhere it to your tee-pee fold (ask me how I know 😄).  SO make sure your paper is at the same angle as the fold before stamping.  The second time around, I went ahead and adhered my paper before stamping.


On each side of the tee-pee card, I stamped the dragonfly from the Fairy Bugs stamp set and one of the words from the Inspire Me stamp set.  The dragonflies were stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink and the words with VersaFine Clair Paradise ink.  These were also heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.




Here is a close op of the Dragonfly Keeper and a Dragonfly.  Both were stamped with Nocturne ink and heat set with Clear embossing powder.  I added Dress My Craft Sparkling Dust to her wings. ( This can also be found at Lavinia World.)


And finally, a photo of the card folded flat for mailing:

flat for mailing
Now it's your turn and we can't wait to see what you create.  You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!


You have until Monday, Feb 10 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  Don't forget, the winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time.....

10 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Anne, what a great fold! I need to try that! Yes, I can see that stamping on the right angle could present a bit of a
challenge. Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

I have never made a teepee card, Anne, and yours is beautiful with the vibrant greens and blues! Thanks for the tip about arranging the paper prior to stamping. Love the glittery wings (of course) and the orbs of light surrounding your fairy. So bee-u-tee-ful! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

That's a new fold for me too! I like it! Love your pretty fairy with the lantern and the sparkle on the wings is so fun!

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

You always have the best folds! This is a fun card!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Love your teepee card, Anne! I've made a few, but now you've inspired me to create another one. :)

Lori Kobular said...

What an awesome card fold! I love it! I never saw a card like that before! The paper and stamps you used are perfect for this card!

Lori Kobular said...

Donna you never fail to amaze me! I love your little stories that go along with your awesome creations! The green and purple together is gorgeous! Love all your details!

Steph Ackerman said...

what a lovely way to showcase these stamps.

Lena said...

This is such a fun fold, Anne. I made a couple of these a while back and also learnt the hard way on the positioning of the stamps :-)
Love the stamps you used and the beautiful papers.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Alina Florea said...

Wowww, Anne! This is something def worth trying. I have never made a tee pee but I will def give it a try! I love yours :)