Wednesday, January 15, 2020

With Sympathy {Scrapy Land #130}



Happy Wednesday!  Time for a brand new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme is Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  They have over 55 brands, so I bet you have at least one of those name brands 😀

I recently needed a sympathy card, so I decided to show you what I created for a friend of mine. The following dies were used to create this card:

Spellbinders - Floral Oval

Tutti Designs - Dotted Nesting Rectangles

This is a pretty straightforward card.  I inlayed the oval back into the front card panel after die cutting it and then added my floral spray.  I die cut the flowers that are offset on top of the floral spray using a patterned cardstock.  Nuvo Crystal Drops were added to the flower centers.

The sentiment is from a Reverse Confetti stamp set called Tall Blooms.  It didn't exactly fit the standard sizes of my rectangles.  So I stamped the sentiment onto vellum, then die cut it using the rectangle that best fit the length of the sentiment.  As this was too tall, I then moved the die down to where I needed it, and die cut the top edge again.  This gave me the exact size I needed.

For the inside, I adhered a piece of vellum to write my message and two more of the flowers.


Now it's your turn to join us for the Scrapy Land Challenge #130!  You have until February 2 to join us and possibly win the $15 gift code to go shopping at Scrapy Land.  We can't wait to see what you create and share with us.


Until next time.....


6 comments:

Julie Odil said...

This is beautiful, Anne! I recently purchased this set and I'm glad to see it in use. I may just case this card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous card, Anne! Love how you used these pretty dies.

Alina Florea said...

Gorgeous card. Love how the flowers just pop out. Excellent work :)

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful sympathy card! Very elegant!

NanaConnie said...

So beautifully done, Anne! Lovely flowers and the 'pearl' centers are perfect. Love the idea of the vellum for the inside message.

Lena said...

Lovely card, Anne, for such a somber occasion. These are always by far the most difficult cards I make.
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations