Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Happy Burg-Day


Hey everyone, I have a fun birthday shaker card to share with you today.

I used the following dies to create this fun shaker card:

Little B: Circles 
Avery Elle: Sentimentals die and stamp sets
My Favorite Things: Fishtail Flags Stax 

I saw this cute hamburger image and sentiment on Facebook and knew right away I needed to get my very own stamp sets.  Both the sentiment and image (Franks A Lot, Kawaii Foods) are by Jaded Blossom (a new to me company).  I have to say, I fell in love with a number of their products 😀.  Not only did I purchase the stamp sets, I also purchased the two heart stencils (Random Hearts, Falling Hearts) I've used.


To start out, I used a deckle edge trimmer to cut out my front panel.  Using one of the circle dies, I die cut the middle and then used the Random Hearts stencil and Distress Oxide (Dusty Concord) to decorate the panel.  Leaving the stencil in place, I also spritzed it with a homemade gold spritz.  It's very subtle and doesn't show up very well in the photos, but it looks pretty cool in person. I love that it's only on the hearts and not the white portion of the cardstock.

Using this top panel as a template, I lightly drew a circle onto the front of the card base so I would know where to add my Falling Hearts stencil.  I only wanted it to be in the center of my shaker card and not cover the entire card front.

I decided to create a No-Lines image, so the hamburger was stamped with Memento ink (Desert Sand) and then colored with Copic markers.  I used a stamp positioner to stamp the Desert Sand a couple times. I left the stamp in place so that I could add VersaMarker and heat set the lines after the image was colored.  This gives it a bit more dimension and helps define the stamped lines without being obvious.

I stamped my sentiment with VersaFine Clair (Chianti) and heat set it.  Then I used a fishtail banner to die cut it out.  My set is older than what is pictured and does not have the stitching. In order to get the fishtail cut on both sides, I die cut it twice, making sure to line it up perfectly.


For the inside, I created another panel using my deckle cutter and lightly shaded it with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide.  The Avery Elle die set I used also has a coordinating clear stamp set to go along with it.

I die cut my "celebrate", added Chianti ink to it, and then applied Clear embossing powder to heat set it.  The "Your Day" is part of the stamp set as well. This leaves plenty of room for a personal note.

Here's one more look at the shaker card where you can see more of the filler:






Until next time......


2 comments:

Lena said...

This is just too cute and fun. Love the sentiment :-)
Have a great day.
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous Anne! Loving your no-line burger - so cool! The shaker element is awesome too. Great card inside and out.