Thursday, February 13, 2020

Tree of Dreams {Lavinia World #20}

I have two posts today.  Please scroll down for my second one featuring a wine bottle tag.


It's time for a new Lavinia World Challenges #20. Anything goes using a stamped image (no digis please).  The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World!

I've created this simple piece that is large enough to place on a bookshelf or add to a small frame and hang on the wall using the Tree of Dreams stamp.


I love how versatile this stamp can be.  I added simple die cut flowers using a Sizzix die (Susan's Garden-Yarrow), but you could add tiny hearts for Valentine's, flowers, gems, crystal drops, leave it bare for winter time.  The list keeps going on and on in my head. 😆.

I started out by stamping this with VersaFine Clair (Chianti).  I think that's my favorite color for now.  It's a purplish/brownish color that really looks good in person.  I stamped this onto linen text weight paper, so it's pretty thin paper.  I loved it though because you can see all the texture from the paper when I added by background colors.

After making sure the ink was completely dry, I created my sky and grass using Pan Pastels. This was a quick and easy way to cover the entire background without any fuss (and as I said, really brings out the linen texture of the paper).

To give the tree a bit of early spring color, I used a fine tipped marker to add green to the vine growing up and intertwining with the branches.  I then die cut a bunch of the tiny Yarrow flowers in pink and added Nuvo Vintage Drops (Vanilla Milkshake) to the centers of each small flower.  Once the centers were dry, I adhered the flowers all over the tree and a few on the ground.

Using a Sue Wilson die set (Noble Dies-Double Pierced Rectangles Set B), I created a simple frame around my image.  Next I created the base of the project using a large die from Tonic Studios (Memory Book Maker-Layered Cascade die set).  I thought it was a bit plain, so using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker, I added sparkle and shine all around the edges. 


I found some old photo corners in gold and thought they would be a great addition to this project. The finishing touch was a couple gems.

Now it's your turn to join us.  You can either upload your current project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!


You have until Monday, Feb 24 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  Don't forget, the winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time.....


11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Your favorite color is Chianti? I wonder if it is merely the color that is your favorite, Anne? LOL Beautiful Tree of Dreams with the delightful "hope" of blossoms! I marvel that your fingers were able to so carefully able to place each of those tiny flowers in the perfect place! Beautiful card! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Those little flowers are so delicate, Anne. Perfectly positioned too. Great texture on the paper too!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful - and I love the touch of the photo corners too!!
Lynn

Grandma Bonnie said...

Yay, for thinking spring and for beautiful flowers, Anne! I love your card and want to sit under that tree!

Julie Odil said...

Such a soft and delicate card, Anne. Your collection of dies is wonderful!

Donna said...

Gorgeous spring card, it reminds me of a Dogwood which is my favorite tree so it made me smile!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I love this tree with all the tiny flowers you cut and added, Anne! Fantastic design and I love the photo corners.

Steph Ackerman said...

Pretty card, love the added flowers.

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

You really make the best use of your dies! This card and the photo corners totally highlight the stamp. Love it. Vicki

Lena said...

Oh Anne, this is so elegant, delicate, soft and feminine! Love the beautiful flowers on this beautiful tree. What a wonderful reminder that Spring is just around the corner.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
♥ Lena ~ DT
Lena’s Creations

chilan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.