Thursday, March 12, 2020

Secrets {Lavinia World #22}


Hey everyone, it's Thursday and time for a new Lavinia World Challenges #22. The theme is always anything goes using a stamped image (rubber or clear, but no digis) and the winner will receive a generous $15 gift certificate to do some shopping at Lavinia World.

I used the following stamps for today's project:


For today's card I decided to play around with alcohol inks and glossy photo paper.  I know that people say you should only use glossy paper and the photo paper doesn't work.....but I have a bunch of it and decided to see if it would work or not.  Luckily, I had no problems using the photo paper and I liked the results.


As you can see from the above photo, I created two panels and used the same color combo on both of these.  The only difference is the way I applied my felt blending tool.  On the one on the left, I pounced the blending tool up and down on the paper.  For the one on the right, I swirled it around.  It created two completely different looks!

Next, using a Tonic Studio die set (Beautiful Bramble Square), I die cut the purple background using the outside die from the set.  Using a stamp positioner, I then stamped the Flower Fairy onto the patterned background.  I added glitter to her wings and to the berries.  This was a whiteish-pink looking, semi-transparent glitter from Tonic Studios (Sparkle Dust) that actually changed color when placed on this background.  I didn't realize it did that but I love the results.


I then used the alcohol ink panel that was on the left from the above photo and die cut the leaves using the same Tonic Studios die set. I added dimensional foam to the bottom and adhered it on top of my focal image.

Next I adhered these layers on top of the second alcohol ink panel I created.  I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine black ink and then framed it using the Poppy Stamps Stitchwork Rectangle Frames.  Glitter was also used to accent each of these frames.




Now it's your turn to join us.  You can either upload your current project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!


You have until Monday, March 23 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  Don't forget, the winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time.....




6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a perfect sentiment for the fairy amidst the brambles. That is a beautiful die! Beautiful fairy too! The backgrounds are so cool!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Your card is so beautiful, Anne! One of a kind inked paper and wow it's gorgeous paper! Love the die cut!

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, I always appreciate the extra steps and explanations you make on the techniques you use. I especially love the AI treatment for that Tonic set! That's in my stash, too! Now I have more ideas! LOL Fantastic creation! Her pretty wings are color coordinated with your frame, right down to the tiny buds on the fairy's branch. Beautiful! hugs, de

Donna said...

Beautiful card, fabulous die cut background!

Alina Florea said...

Loove it! It is always a pleasure to see alcohol inks backgrounds :) Your card turned out beautifully!

Lena said...

You always use fun techniques on your cards, making them absolutely beautiful! I need to try a few of these, your backgrounds are gorgeous!
Have a lovely day.
Hugs,
Lena