Monday, May 11, 2020

Daisies For You {DRU Inspiration}


Hey everyone, today I'd like to share a card I created for the Dies R Us Inspiration team. 


Last week I shared a card that used the same stencil (AALL & CREATE stencil called Lushly Leafy) as this one, but the results were completely different.  You can see that card here.

For today's project, the following dies from Dies R Us were used:

Paper Rose: Stitched Square Frame (this would also work well)

As I mentioned, I used an AALL & CREATE stencil and although DRU doesn't have their stencils, they do carry some of their fun stamps. After securing the stencil onto the cardstock, I added Distress Inks (Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey, and Rusty Hinge) using a blending brush. 

My piece of cardstock was larger than the stencil and my original plan was to cut the finished piece down somewhat.  But when I saw the white frame and the colors on the outside of that, I really liked it.  So my design plans changed just like that. In the photo below, I'm arranging some dies on the entire piece of cardstock to see how they might look.  I do a "dry run" lots of time.  This extra step usually saves me in the long run because I rarely have a plan in mind before I start putting things together.


Once I was happy with my die choices, I was ready to die cut everything out.  I decided I wanted my daisies to be white but didn't have a textured white piece of cardstock that I liked....so I created my own with an older Cherry Lynn Designs Textured Embossing Plate (Cheesecloth/Linen).  Each side has a different pattern.  Unfortunately, this company was sold to a larger company and I couldn't find this texture plate on the internet. (You could achieve this same results with an embossing folder.)  DRU does have some Cheery Lynn dies in stock though.


I die cut my Delicate Daisies from this newly created textured cardstock and then shaped them for a more realistic look.



I then die cut quite a bit of greenery using various shades of green cardstock. I die cut the Stitched Square from one of the same greens.


After assembling the flowers and adding a bit of Spectrum Noir Sparkle Markers to the centers of the flowers (I used an old punch to create the centers), everything was ready to assemble.

Here's one final look at the project:



I hope you've enjoyed today's project.  Head back to the Dies R Us Blog tomorrow for more fabulous inspiration from the DRU Inspiration design team.


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anne Buckingham said...

All the layers of die cut paper make a lovely card. The daisies and greenery seem to come alive off the page, and makes a statement on the base. Lovely card for any number of occasions.

Lena said...

So pretty Anne. Love the background and the frame. They showcase your daisies beautifully!
Hugs,
Lena