Thursday, June 4, 2020

Magical {Lavinia World #28}



Hey everyone, it's time for a new Lavinia World Challenges #28.  This is definitely a Magical place! The theme is anything goes using any stamped image (no digis please).  The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World.

Today's project is fairly simple to create using stencils, inks, and stamps.  I was going for a monochromatic look using browns and purples.  Although it doesn't look like it in the photo, the Fairy Chain was stamped with Pine Cone VersaFine Clair ink and heat set with Clear embossing powder.  No matter how many photos I took, it looked like I used black ink.  Oh well....at least in person you can tell it's a dark chocolate color.😀

For this project, I used the following Lavinia stamps found at Lavinia World:


For today's project, I wanted to use a stencil for the background.  After checking out the various stencils I have in my stash, I decided on a Momenta one.  This one already has a tacky backing, so no need to spray it with Pixie Spray or tape it down.

After taping down my white cardstock and adding the stencil, I blended three different shades of Distress Ink on top (Old Paper, Antique Linen, Tea Dye).  I used the lightest shade for my first pass, then removed the stencil and turned it a different way. Then came the second layer of ink.  Finally, I turned the stencil one more time and added my darkest color. By doing this, you get a whole new pattern and makes the stencils you already own more versatile.

As I mentioned above, the Fairy Chain was stamped with Pine Cone and the Quirky Mushrooms were stamped with Chianti.  I added white highlights to the mushroom caps.

I cut apart my Believe in Magic sentiment so I could space the words differently than what the original stamp has. I can always lay them back together on an acrylic block if I want to use the original design.

Taking a scrap of white cardstock, I added some shading with the Distress Inks and then stamped the words on top using VersaFine Clair (Chianti) ink.  I then added Clear embossing powder to this and heat set it.  The final step was to fussy cut out the words.



After adhering the sentiment to my focal point, I added 1/4" high pop dots to the back for lots of added dimension. This was then adhered to a sturdy piece of cardstock used for my base.

Now it's your turn to join us.  You can either upload your current project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


Play in our Anything Lavinia Facebook Group
and/or our Lavinia World Challenge Blog

 
 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.




Did you hear that Lavinia World now has a new You Tube Channel and a new video team?  This wonderfully talented group will be bringing you how-to videos three times a week.  So be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a single one! 


You have until Monday, June 15 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  Don't forget, the winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time.....



10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Anne! Your message, the background, and the images all remind me of ancient cave art, showing what was important to the people on a daily basis, and bringing to live their activities. I am dancing with you in spirit with this beautiful card, and definitely know that you and have have found magic in this beautiful world. Thanks for being a contributing factor of that magic through your dear friendship. We have been on a number of DTs together, and I cherish each one of those, but most especially the LW team, where we have both begun creating outside our comfort zones. It was fun doing that with you. I wish you the continued artsy success in all your endeavors, and hope for beauty to greet you each day. hugs, de

Donna said...

How stunning, like that stenciled background, it is perfect with your embossed images!

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

This is perfect and the subtle background brings it to life. Love it.

Steph Ackerman said...

Love this card - the fairy chain is perfect. - great background and design.

Grandma Bonnie said...

I believe, i believe! Your card is so pretty, Anne! I love how you did your stenciling!

Alina Florea said...

Such a cheerful crowd, it is just like our DT :) love your project and I def need to get that fairy stamp :)

Debra Davison said...

Your stenciled background is lovely and a subtle touch to the dancing fairies and mushrooms !! Your sentiment is a favorite of mine too !! I've loved joining all of you for this Challenge. Looking forward to the next ..

Shona Erlenborn said...

That stenciled background is so cool! Thanks for the idea. Love your fairy chain and the two colors purples and browns go so well together! A beautiful project!

Lena said...

Such a fun card, Anne. Your fairies look so happy, it's hard not to smile :-) Your stenciled background is gorgeous and perfect to showcase your dancing fairies and the little mushrooms. Love it! Lena xx

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this is so lovely! I can't believe that I never noticed the Fairy Chain stamp before! I love it and the way you used it on this card is perfect! Your stenciled background looks wonderful and I love how you cut out each word of your sentiment! You have made an awesome project!