Thursday, July 16, 2020

Simmi {Lavinia World #31}




Hey everyone, it's Thursday and time for a brand new Lavinia World Challenges #31. The theme is Anything Goes using a stamped image.

For my project today, I used the following products found at Lavinia World:


Simmi


Fairy Hugs Glitter Powder: Shiny Penny


We Are 3 Digital Paper: Fairy Backgrounds - Cliff Views



I also used a Tonic Studios die (Peony Hexagon Layering die set) for my card base and mats.

I must say, I really like the way this card turned out.  I've had the Simmi stamp for almost a year and had never used it because I couldn't figure out a way to really showcase it.  So what inspired me to use her was the We Are 3 digital papers.  I printed out one of the Fairy Backgrounds onto cardstock and thought that it would be the perfect shades of blues for her eye. 

Then I went rummaging through my larger dies and decided this would be a unique way to showcase the stamp as well.  (I've also had this die for quite a long time and this is the first time I've used it 😊.)  I started out by die cutting the standing frame using the largest and third to largest die in the set (there are 12 dies in this set).  Save the inside piece to die cut a bit smaller for the focal point.

Next I layered all the remaining dies (except for the center one) onto a piece of blue cardstock and dry embossed it.


Using a smaller die, I die cut the inside piece from the patterned cardstock down a bit. Next I used a stamping platform and stamped the image with VersaFine Clair Twilight ink. It stamped perfectly the first time, but I wanted to do something a little different.  I moved the paper over a fraction and stamped again.  This gave her eyelashes a much thicker appearance and doubled the dots.

Taking a glue pen, I added adhesive to the dots and sprinkled Shiny Penny Fairy Hugs Glitter Powder all over.  For the whites of the eye, I used a white gel pen to achieve a more realistic look.

I adhered the focal point at an angle onto the dry embossed mat.  This was then adhered to the bottom of the frame I created. The frame will fold flat for mailing and there is plenty of room on the back for a message.

Now it's your turn and I hope you'll join us.  You can either upload your newly created project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


Play in our Anything Lavinia Facebook Group
and/or our Lavinia World Challenge Blog

 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.



Check out Lavinia World's 
YouTube Channel and their amazing video team! This wonderfully talented group creates how-to videos every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (and sometimes more often). Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss a single one!

You have until Monday, July 27 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  The winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time..... 

6 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, i am so in awe, Anne. You showcased the eye and paper perfectly. I love it!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is beautiful! The white in the eye is so realistic. Great work, Anne!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! You certainly showed off HER baby blues, didn't you? Or should I say, baby BLUE? the golden bejeweled look is an amazing detail, Anne. I covet your hexagon TS nesting dies, and that beautiful embossed background you made with them. It's gorgeous! Just remember, I am watching you! LOL love, de

Lena said...

What a great idea to move the stamp for fuller eyelashes. Those gold glitter dots giving it the perfect finishing touch. Beautifully done! Love it! Lena xx

Anonymous said...

Woww!Woowww!Woowwww! I absolutely love your project, Anne! it has suh a mysterious vibe! You definitely put the Simmi stamp into light! Love it! Huggies

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this card is absolutely stunning! I love the shape of your card and that eye looks amazing with the gold glitter!