Thursday, October 22, 2020

Willow the Witch {Lavinia World #38}

 


Hey everyone, it's Thursday and time for a brand new Lavinia World Challenges #38!  Since Halloween is right around the corner, I decided that's the theme I would use.  The theme is always anything goes using a stamped image, but no digital images please.  The winner will receive a $15 gift code to Lavinia World.

I used Willow the Witch and a bunch of different dies to create today's project.


I started out by stamping Willow with VersaFine Clair (Twilight) onto my background that was created with Distress Oxides.  I must have had some sort of residue on my hands when I touched the stamp because when I stamped her, she came out this teal/dark bluish black color.  I have no idea why it did it but I loved it and I also know I'll never be able to recreate it. I also lost some of the details on her sleeves, but I was ok with that.  

I stamped her a couple more times on plain white cardstock and was able to get a lighter versions. Here is one of the versions.  I heat embossed both the project and the image below with clear embossing powder.  This will allow me to add my background later without messing up the stamped image.


Next, I began building the forest that Willow was creating her potions in.  I used Memory Box (Rustic Tree Collage, Willowbend Collage) dies to create the trees and then accented them with a ghost, spider, bats and a broom from Tutti Designs (Spooky Banner, Spooky Tree).

The next step was to frame the scene using an Impression Obsession die (All-in-One-Frames:Rectangles 2). I dry embossed the die cut with a Crafters Companion embossing folder (Wood Grain) and then inked it up with Distress Oxides.

Now it's your turn and I hope you'll join us.  You can either upload your newly created project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


Play in our Anything Lavinia Facebook Group
and/or our Lavinia World Challenge Blog

 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.



Check out Lavinia World's 
YouTube Channel and their amazing video team! This wonderfully talented group creates how-to videos every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (and sometimes more often). Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss a single one!

You have until Monday, Nov 2 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  The winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World, the US largest retailer of Lavinia stamps.



Until next time..... 



6 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this is a fantastic Halloween card! Love the Spooky forest you conjured up! Love it!

Grandma Bonnie said...

What a fun card and i love the spookiness. I love your selection of dies.. i have been wanting to get this set and i think you've convinced me.

Lena said...

Your card has the makings for a faboolous spooky story ... Deep in the woods ... :-) Love the whole idea of walking deep into the woods to find Willow concocting some kind of spell. Of course, you wouldn't catch me anywhere near there, but I like the thought :-) Lena xx

Donna Ellis said...

Spooky, indeed! Love the frame and scene, Anne - really fantastic usse of the layers. Is Willow's broom playing hide and seek? Will she ever find it? hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

You made a lovely Halloweeny, spooky scene here, Anne! Loving all the different layers. Really quite dimensional.

charlene said...

This is such a great card I love how Willow turned out! Amazing use of dies :)