Monday, February 1, 2010

Asymetrical card

I found a new technique (for me) on the internet, so I had to try it - paper flowers.  As with just about everything, the more you do it, the better the results and the easier it becomes.  I decided to be a bit nontraditional and created an asymetrical card, with the patterned paper hanging off the base of the card.  I attached the paper flowers using glue dots and then spritzed the entire surface with Smooch Spritz (Vanilla Shimmer). 

Here is a closer look at one of the flowers.

I used one of Martha Stewart's all around the paper punches for the bottom left corner (I cut a square in half diagonally) and spritzed it with Emerald Spring Smooch Spritz (love the stuff!).  This was a fun technique to try and I plan on making more.  You could also use fabric or ribbon to create these flowers.  As always, if you want more details, just let me know.

No comments: