Friday, October 28, 2011

Indian Princess


Please scroll down for my Stamping with the Dragon challenge post


Are you ready for a new Pattie's Creations challenge?  The theme for challenge #32 is Halloween or Autumn colors.  I chose Indian Princess Pattiboop from Pattie's Esty shop and used fall colors.  Copics were used to color the image.

After die cutting the image with a Spellbinders large deckled rectangle (#5), the background was created by sponging Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Gathering Twig) onto the cardstock (after masking the image).  I was going for a sunset look and that got me to thinking about Native American Dream Catchers.  So I decided to make my own version using the Mega Italian Flourish die from Cherry Lynn Designs.  I added a couple feathers that were in my sash and some ribbon and I'm all ready to catch some wonderful dreams.


Now it's your turn to add your favorite Halloween or Autumn colored projects to the link at Pattie's Creations.  Be sure to check out the rules (there are a few changes) and see what the rest of the design team has come up with.  I'm sure they will get you inspired.


The challenge begins now and ends Thursday, 11/10/11 at 1pm Central Standard Time.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.


Copics used: E00, E01, R20   E31, E35, E07, E09   R35, R46  T5, T7, T9
Don't forget, you still have time to enjoy the sale that's going on at Pattie's Esty shop. The sale ends 10/31 at 12pm.  Use the code ALLIE at checkout to receive your 20% off.



9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

OMGoodnes Anne, this is stunning, I love the image and the background is awesome.

Hugs
Linda xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is fabulous Anne, I like the image and all the feathers.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

I knew it was a Dream Catcher before I started reading. Wonderful creation and so very clever!

Pattie G said...

WOW Anne, this is amazing! I love how you colored my image of Pattieboop and what a great idea to make a Dream Catcher.

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Sandra DeFalco said...

Such an awesome Dream Catcher Anne! Great vibrant coloring on the image, and those feathers complete this creation perfectly!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Carolyn King said...

Wow! How cool---that is beautifully colored and i love the feathers!!!!

Anne Harada said...

Love that deckle border, must go shopping! Your coloring is fabulous! So excited to have found your blog today!

Hugs,
Anne

steph said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love how you colored the image. Fabulous

Erum Tasneem said...

Super fun creation!