Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Window


For this week's Stamping with the Dragon  inspiration, I incorporated three different images from Stamping Dragon Designs: Christmas Window, Oh Christmas Tree, and Christmas 1 Sentiment pack into my design.  One of the things I really love about digital images is the ability to re-size them as needed and that's exactly what I did with the Christmas tree.  I needed it pretty small so the cats (and you) could see it through the window.  The "wall" behind the tree was created using my new Paper Soft Colors (I'm really liking them to create backgrounds).  



As you can tell from these photos, I printed the image a couple different times and fussy cut out the cats, the garland, and the frame separately so I could add lots of dimension to it.  I really wanted it to look like a window frame where the cats are sitting on the window sill looking in at all the wonderful Christmas decorations.

The sentiment is part of a set and is die cut with Spellbinders and distressed with a bit of Distress Inks. The papers are by Echo Park and Making Memories.

You still have a week to enter the Anything Christmas challenge going on now at Stamping with the Dragon.  Don't forget to see the rest of the design team's creations too.

Also, Stamping with the Dragon is having a Design Team call. Head to the challenge blog for all the details.

5 comments:

Cheryl First said...

So gorgeous, Anne! Love all those layers, and the different papers you've used! Fantastic!

jimlynn said...

You always make the most wonderful creations! LOVE the window look on this beautiful card.
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the decoupage and the papers.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Just beautiful Anne! Love how you popped-up some of the elements of the image. Very creative and festive too.

Linda Simpson said...

Anne this is stunning. Love the images and thank you for sharing your other photo's of how you have given them depth.

Hugs
Linda xxxx