Monday, December 5, 2011

Moody for Coffee


Since today is Monday, that means it's time for the new Digi Makeover Challenge and this week's challenge is one of my favorite things to do: fussy cutting.


Moody for Coffee from Paper Makeup Stamps was a perfect choice for fussy cutting. As usual, she's colored with Copic markers.  The background was created with a Dreamweaver's stencil that I've had for a long time and Paper Soft Colors.  First, I ran the stencil and cardstock through my Big Shot to emboss the image.  (I didn't know you could do this and was just playing around.  Yea - a happy accident.)  Next, I used Magenta Paper Soft Colors and pounced the raised area (keeping the stencil in place) and finally, went over the entire area with the same color. 


I then matted this onto an orange piece of cardstock which I embossed with a Sizzix Texture Plate (Mummy Stripes).  I must say, this is so vibrant and looks great in person.  I added several gems to complete the card.


Now it's your turn to show us your fussy cutting.  You have until Sunday evening (12/11/11) to upload your project.  Just a quick reminder about the rules:  it has to be a digi and you need to follow the theme (in this case, fussy cutting).  For more detailed explanation of the rules, please visit the Digi Makeover Challenge blog.  While you're there, be sure to check out all the other wonderful design team creations too.

Copics used: YR15, YR16, E23, E25    E00, E01, E11, R20, R14    BG0000, BG01, BG05    YR20, YR31, YR23    YG05, YG07, BG32, BG34, BG05, BG07, G21, G24, Y15, Y18, YR04, YR07, YG01, YG21, Y32, Y38, BG70, BG72, BG75, YR16, YR18, BG11, BG15, YG65, YR68, BG45, BG49, Y15, Y18

5 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Anne! Love the fibrancy and the stencil work looks amazing.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

BRIGHT and fun and beautiful! Love the colors on this fabulous card! Wonderful fussy cutting! WOW! Lovely card!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous Anne! I love the bright colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- beautiful coloring- love the colors you used- and the great image!

Carolyn King said...

this is beautiful. love how you stenciled the background!