Monday, December 19, 2011

Duncan



The new Digi Makeover Challenge  #16 begins today and for those of you still making Christmas cards (me included), this one should be pretty easy.  It's a color challenge, and although the colors (dark green, light green, red, silver) are fairly traditional for Christmas, your card doesn't have to be a Christmas card.


I chose Duncan from Paper Makeup Stamps for this challenge because everyone loves getting cookies, especially at Christmas time.  Duncan's about to deliver some sugar cookies hot from the oven to his monster pals.  He's colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out.  The cookies have a touch of Rock Candy Distress Stickles on them so they instantly became sugar cookies with extra sugar on top (yum).  The tree, cut from glossy paper, is a die (Christmas Tree #2) from Sizzix that I've had for a number of years and I used Distress Stains to color it.  The silver background paper with the snowflakes is actually Christmas wrapping paper that I had.  (I love using non traditional stuff on my cards, don't you?)  The only draw back to using this shiny silver paper is that it was difficult for me to photograph it well.  It does look very nice in person, if I do say so myself :-) .

The rules are pretty simple, mainly you have to use a digi, and are posted on the Digi Makeover Challenge blog.  While you're there, be sure to check out what the other team members have created for your inspiration.  You have one week to upload your color creation to the challenge  blog.

Copics used: YG03, YG07, YG97    R14, R17, R37    E33, E35, E37    E81, E51
Distress Stains: Forest Moss, Pine Needle, Peeled Paint

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Such a fun Christmas card Anne! Love your treat, looks so real and of course, the red chef's hat is perfect!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun card, Anne! I haven't even started on my cookies yet, so Duncan is a great reminder for me! grins!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

jimlynn said...

Adorable and so much fun!! What a cutie he is and I love your card.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful fun card Anne, it made me smile.
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Adorable image and a brilliant fun card.

Hugs
Linda xxxx