Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Abner


It's the third Wednesday of the month (my how time flies) and that means it's time for the Inspiration Challenge from Dude Time Doodles.  

Now I must admit, that my inspiration isn't exactly a movie, but a classic cartoon: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  I've chosen Abner Abominable from Bonibleaux Designs as he reminds me of the Abominable Snowman from the cartoon (but after he had his tooth pulled!).

I tried to recreate the look of the inside of Abner's cave by using Tim Holtz's Kraft Glassine paper and designing an easel card.  I added a touch of Perfect Pearl (mint) to the "walls" for a bit of shimmer.  Abner is ready for the party to start and is already showing his Christmas spirit by hanging Christmas lights all around.  The sentiment is an older rubber stamp from Unity.  Abner is colored with Copic markers and the cave wall was created with the Creative Book Pages die from Spellbinders.
Now it's your turn to be inspired.  Be sure to visit the rest of the design team for added inspiration. Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Just remember, it must be for a Dude and upload your creation at Dude Time Doodles challenge blog.

(I also want to give you a little heads up - you'll want to check back on Saturday, 12/24, to see if Santa left you a Christmas Eve gift at the Dude Time Doodles blog.)

Copics used: E21, COO, C1, C2, Y0000, Y000, R00, R01, YG91, YG93, YG97

7 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness Anne this is amazing. I love how you have used Abner and those lights are fabulous. He sure does look like he is excited about Christmas.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Fantastic Anne! Love Abner's cave you created. Great card!

jimlynn said...

LOL! This is fabulous and FUN! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Michelle B. said...

Fab card, great technique and love the embellies!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, I love the cave you have created
Kevin xx

Dawn said...

My word, I love your card Anne, The little lights are just the perfect touch!
Wishing You & yours a Very Merry Christmas when the time comes!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

CG said...

Wow, I love this for so many reasons. I just got some glassine paper, and now I know how cool it can look! This is really just so fabulous. Merry Christmas!