Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let It Snow with Rupert




This is the last challenge of the year for Stamping with the Dragon as everyone gets the last week off to celebrate the holidays with their families.  Stamping Dragon Designs is the sponsor and the theme is Let It Snow.  Show us your projects that has anything dealing with snow.  It's also a bittersweet post for me as this will also be my last official post as one of the design team members.  But you'll still see Rupert and all his friends here from time to time because he's the cutest dragon ever!

The image I chose is Snowfight and Rupert is having a blast playing in the snow and having a snowball fight.  Maybe Jiggy and Penny have ganged up on him.  Rupert is colored with Copic markers and I printed the image twice so I could fussy cut the head and pop dot it for more dimension.  I also used a Snow Writer for the snow and snow balls.  Both the sentiment and background papers are from Create with TLC. The card base was cut with my Spellbinder's Grand Ovals #3 (assumes #1 is the smallest die in the set) and I added snowflake ribbon all along the back of the card.  The sentiment is a Tim Holtz rubber stamp from Stampers Anonymous.  The background was created with a large backgrounder stamp (manufacturer unknown).

Just a quick reminder that you still have a short amount of time (till 7pm EST tomorrow, 12/23) to apply for this wonderful design team.  You'll be working with a great bunch of women and who wouldn't love more images with Rupert.  You can read all the details here.

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team to see what snowy creations they've come up with too.  So get busy and upload your project with snow to the Stamping with the Dragon challenge blog.

Copics used: R24, R29    BG11, BG15, BG18

10 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

So sad to see you go Anne. I wish you all luck in the World in everything you do.
I love the shape of your card, and Rupert looks like playing in the real snow
Good luck
Hugs Nat

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card Anne, Rupert sure looks like he is having fun in the snow.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Fun card Anne! Super background you created for Rupert. Wishing you and yours' a very Merry Christmas!

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous! LOve your colours! One cute image! Fabulous sentiment...LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Anonymous said...

I love this card and that ribbon is to die for. Your going to be missed on the team especailly by me. Thank you for all that you have done and I wish you the best. I sure hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

BIG HUGS,
Beth

Caroline said...

Merry Christmas Anne
love the snow you have used on this project and the shaped card Have a fab 2012 x

jimlynn said...

This is terrific! LOVE how you framed it and that cute sentiment with the image is adorable. LOVE IT!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

Dragons Lair Designs said...

I love this card Anne and that ribbon as Beth says is def to die for.

Your going to be missed on the team and i wamnt to say a HUGE Thank you for all that you have done and I wish you the best in the future.

Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Big Hugs J xxx

Kristine said...

Hi Anne... what a cute dragon card--Love the frame!! Thanks for popping by my blog via CDAC!! Hope you have a wonderful CHRISTMAS *Ü*

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, I LOVE the effect of the snowflake ribbon all around it, it looks so elegant and gorgeous.