Friday, July 19, 2013

Frankie


Die-Versions new release this month is all about sports.  Can you guess which sports themed die I used to create this Halloween card?  I'll give you a hint - it's the negative portion of the die cut.

Believe it or not - it's the Basketball Hoop die!  One of the first things I do when I get a new die is to cut it out from scraps of cardstock.  It helps me in the creative process.  The first thing I thought of when I saw this negative image was Frankenstein!  I set it aside for several days, but it kept drawing me back.  So I decided to go with it and Googled images of Frankenstein.  This one with Boris Karloff was one of them.  I printed it out (a couple of times) to get the sizing right and drew in the bolts on the side of his neck.  I also tweaked his hair around the edges, filling in the white space with dark Copics.

I love being able to use my supplies in ways other than they what they were originally intended for.  This might be way out there - but I love how it turned out.  Who would have thought a sports die would become Frankenstein!  I hope this starts you looking at your dies and stamps in a whole new light.  You might be surprised what you discover.

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Great card Anne, love the colours and the background. Great picture of Frankie :)

Hugs
Linda xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, great use of the die,I love the image and the embellishment.
Kevin xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Who would have "thunked"! Very clever Anne!

Tammy said...

Wow Anne, great job of thinking outside of the box! Excellent card and wonderful use of your die! Gotta love Frankie!

rachel said...

what a wonderful image Anne - and a fabulous card xx

Unknown said...

Anne, this is genius!

Donna Ellis said...

Great fright card, Anne! Vivid colors, too! I would not want to smell THOSE feet! LOL hugs, de

nwilliams6 said...

This is so crazy cool! I love this idea and I am so impressed you thought of it. Fun stuff my friend. Hugz!

Annie said...

Very out the box Anne and I love it. You are so right about using our dies etc in a different way. This is so fun and I love Frankenstein. Thank you for sharing dear friend.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Crafty hugs
Annie x

Patricia St Martin said...

Totally amazing, the perfect Halloween card.
Hugs, Pat