Monday, July 22, 2013

Nice Threads


This past Friday my post was about seeing your dies in a whole different way.  I guess this is a continuation of seeing something other than the obvious.  Sports is the theme for this month's new release from Die-Versions and this card showcases the sleeveless Basketball Jersey Sweet Petite.  Instead of sports jerseys, they became fashion statements in the form of cute little dresses.

I happened to lay one die cut on top of another and thought it made a cute mini dress.  In order to create these clothing items, I die cut the image out of patterned papers, cut off the bottom portions of one (in different lengths) and glued it under the entire die cut of another.  The belt on the third dress is also from the same die.  I just hand cut it smaller and added a small oval (left over from the neck and the way I laid my die on the paper) as my belt buckle.

Don't forget to check out the Die-Versions Blog ans well as the DV Facebook page for more inspiring projects.

10 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very creative Anne. Like the pattern background too!

Linda Simpson said...

Loving the background Anne! Great mini dresses too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Anne, I like the outfits, the colours and the ric rak.
kevin xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable and so very crafty! I think you could definitely have a career in fashion!

Donna Ellis said...

Great idea, Anne! I had not really thought of that! Thanks for sharing your ideas! hugs, de

Barbara Bruder said...

Anne, this is a great idea. So cool!!

April said...

"Sew" cute! Love the background paper. Great job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun fun idea- I love the mini skirts you created!

nwilliams6 said...

Very good idea Anne! You seriously have the best ideas and techniques. Cute, cute, cute. Hugz!

Ellen Taylor said...

Love it when you can get more out of your crafting goodies! Fabulous idea!!