Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Get Well Bookmark



Swirls, one of the new stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle is so versatile.  I've created a Get Well Soon bookmark using a few of Tim Holtz's techniques.

To start off, I created the background by smearing Distress Ink, Distress Paint, and Distress Stains on my craft sheet and then ran the tag through the colors.  I heat set it after I was happy with the results.  Next I stamped the flowers with Archival Ink (Sienna and Saffron).  Goosebumps Texture Spray was added to create texture and interest and a little Smooch Spritz (Vanilla Shimmer) was added for a subtle bit of sparkle.

Next I stamped the flowers again with VersaMark and heat embossed them with Black Detail embossing powder.  After fussy cutting out each of the flowers, I applied Viva Decor's Inka Gold (Cobalt Blue and Green Yellow) to the flowers.  You need to use embossing powder instead of just ink so the Inka Gold won't cover up (obliterate would be a better description) the design.  Ask me how I know :-).    Love the metallic look of these paints.

One of the things I love about fussy cutting images is that the paper naturally curls.  You can really see it in on the blue flower.  Since I wanted to keep that natural curl, I only adhered the center of the flower to the tag base.

The bookplate is part of the Sizzix (Tag and Bookplate) die I used.  I inked it up with  some metallic Distress Stains and a little Distress Ink.  The sentiment, which is part of the set, is heat embossed with Black Detail embossing powder as well.

Lastly, I coordinated the seam binding ribbon by using the same color combination as the background.  A few randomly placed pearls complete the bookmark.


9 comments:

rachel said...

Wonderful stuff anne. Fab colours x

Linda Simpson said...

Loving this tag Anne! I love the beautiful flowers and colours.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Pretty bookmarks Anne, sure to make the recipient feel better quickly! Love their colors!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous bookmark Anne, I like the background and flowers.
Kevin xx

HappyCrafter said...

What a great bookmark, I really like the texture and depth of the design.

Brenda said...

Love the color combo - that's becoming one of my new favorite sets!

Joan Ervin said...

There is nothing better than a bookmark gift...this one is really pretty, Anne...the colors are beautiful and I love the flowers!!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool mixed media book mark Anne. Love the colors and images and texture. Well done. Hugz!

Ellen Taylor said...

Those swirly flowers and colors are fabulous!! Love it!!