Friday, July 5, 2013

Seahorses


Since I'm working with the Sweet Seahorse die from Die-Versions, I wanted to create some sort of underwater scene.   If you have been following me for a while, you know that I love trying new techniques.  I know this hair gel technique has been around for a bit, but this is the first time I've tried it.  I have to admit, this interactive portion of the card is really fun to play with.  You can move the bubbles in all sorts of configurations.

To create the frame around the seahorses, I applied Sparkling Sea Sparkle N Soft flocking to double sided tape.  Sea shells and coral brads complete the underwater feel.

Be sure to head back on Monday for the beginning of the Die-Versions July New Releases.  You won't be disappointed.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely fantastic card Anne! You definitely are the queen of techniques!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the underwater scene. Thanks for including the tutorial. That's one I've not played with in ages!

April said...

Pretty card. isn't the gel technique fun? I haven't used it in a long time! Thanks for the reminder.

Donna Ellis said...

how interesting an effect that is, Anne! Great colors and lots of sparkle! hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card love seahorses and these are fabulous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Never heard of that technique but WOW!!!! This is sensational! Love everything about it. The addition of those shells is just perfect too.
Lynn

Patricia St Martin said...

You are awesome Anne.... I was looking at your card and reading you like to try new things and I was thinking about the hair gel technique and their you go and say it... way too funny. That has been around for a really long time. You did a super job and your card is fantastic and all the extra goodies really adds a lot.
Hugs, Pat

Brenda said...

pretty - love the dimension and colors

nwilliams6 said...

What fun Anne. I think the hair gel technique is perfect for this die and I want to try it just so I can play with it - LOL! Beautifully done. Hugz!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!! Is this ever gorgeous...you need to frame this, Anne!!!