Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Altered Box {Scrapy Land Challenge #13}



Can you believe it's already March!?  Since it's the first Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge!  The theme for Challenge #13 is Anything Goes, Plus use any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  You can see the list of all the brands of dies here.

For my project today, I altered a plain white box using various dies and patterned paper.  All I need to do now is fill it with some goodies.


The dies I used to complete my box are:
Sue Wilson Designs: Striplet - Bevelled Glass
Die-Versions: Lacey Dots 
Die-Versions: Leafy Swirl

I used Pan Pastels to color the centers of each of the petals and I added Canary flock (from Sparkle N Sprinkle) to the stamens of the large Lilies and Flower Soft (Bright Pink) to the stamens of the mini lilies.  Black cardstock was used to die cut the Beveled Glass die twice and the patterned paper behind the die cut is digital paper from The Digital Press  (Thanks Faith A. for sending me info about that website :-).)  The Lacey Dots die was cut from white cardstock and adhered to all four sides of the box top.  The Leafy Swirl was also die cut twice to layer on top each of the Beveled Glass die cuts.  Mini Lilies were added to the leafy swirls using glue dots.

Now it's your turn to create a project and upload it to the Scrapy Land Challenge.  Be sure your project includes any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.  You will have until March 15 to enter.  Be sure to see what the rest of the Design Team has created for your viewing pleasure too.


20 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

WONDERFUL project, Miss Anne! I love your Lilies and the tiny details inside each of the delicate blooms, and all the pretty die cuts used on your box, and the vibrant spring colors - I know you long for spring time in your area! Hope your week is going well. hugs, de PS - where's the sparkle? LOL LOL

Lori Kobular said...

What a gorgeous gift box! I love your lilies and the stained glass panel ~ absolutely gorgeous!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful box Anne, such gorgeous flowers! Since you used lilies, fill it with chocolate for an Easter treat for someone special!

Diane said...

Wow Anne, I saw this over at Scrapy Land and had to get right over here and see it all. STUNNING...I love this...so beautiful!!! Makes me want Spring...right now!!

rachel said...

A truely stunning box Anne - those flowers look awesome - beautifully made - love it! Hugs rachel xx

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anne!! The lilies are gorgeous!! They look real!! I love how you decorated the box!! The Beveled Glass die is now on my wish list!! Love, love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jacee said...

How wonderful, those flowers are amazing!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a gorgeous and wonderfully designed project. I just adore those flowers. Everything shouts Spring!

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Anne, love the flowers they look so life like!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a wonderful project! You were thinking"outside the box" on this one! Those lilies look real. Love what you did with the stamens.

NanaConnie said...

Spectacular, Anne! The flowers on top are so magnificent! Wonderful coloring on the lilies. Your entire design is delightful.

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness! This is stunning!! So beautiful and love the flowers on top too. Wonderful creation.
Lynn

Belinda said...

What a beautiful box!!! I love those pretty lilies they look so really. Beautiful project!!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Anne - I LOVE this box! The depth, dimensions, colors, flowers ... oh la la! All I can say is GORGEOUS!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, Your lily's are stunning. They are perfect for the top of your gift box.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Lady E said...

WOW Anne!!! Fantastic box :) Beautiful colors and great choice of dies :) One is going on my wish list :)
Hugs Lady E
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Dawn said...

Just gorgeous Anne! I love all the little details! Wish I could see what you put inside too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Anne, what a stunning gift box, I love it!!!
Kevin xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Dear me- this is just gorgeous! WOW!

Patricia Chalas said...

Waooo Anne this flowers are adorable.... lovely creations!!