Monday, March 9, 2015

Mustache



I have a fun and quick masculine card today using the new Mustache stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  It's a tall, thin card, so it would fit in a business envelope for easy mailing.

I started out by cutting a circle and drawing where the hair line should be and then colored it in with Copic markers.  After stamping the large mustache, I fussy cut it out and then colored it with the same colors as his hair.  The monocle was then heat embossed with Blackened Bronze embossing powder and colored with Copics.  As a final step, the mustache is pop dotted for more dimension.

All of the patterned papers came from my scraps.  The tabs are dies from Taylored Expressions (Simple Tabs).  I masked the sentiment so it could be stamped onto the two tabs, stamped each part with VersaMark, and then heat embossed with Forest Green embossing powder.  Memento Ink (New Sprout) adds a touch of added color to the tabs.

Heavy twine was added to the bottom of the card with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape.  Once the twine was placed where I wanted it,  Lavender Iris glitter was sprinkled over the rest of the tape to cover the remaining exposed adhesive.  It give the card a subtle touch of sparkle without being over the top.  And who says you can't add glitter to a guy card?  Not me :-).


12 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so fun, Anne!! The monocle-wearing, mustachioed man is adorable!! I love the mustache paper too!! And the sentiments are awesome!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

What a fantastic idea, and oh-so-creatively-Anne! I love your little guy, especially with the monocle! The paper in the background looks great, too. The sentiment is the best part of this set! LOL (wish I had as much hair on my head as your little guy!) LOL LOL Hope your week is fantastic! hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun masucline card! I love the monicle and the mustahce and the sentiment! Wonderful card!

Jacee said...

Great idea, very clever!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Linda Simpson said...

What a fun card! Love it!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

So much fun Anne! Love how you split up the sentiment. Great masculine card!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is a gem! What a cutie card, perfect for the masculine crowd! I love the little eye glass and long card size!

Diane said...

Heehee...OMGoodness, I love this...what a fun and cute idea!!!

April said...

This is such a fun card! I love the "man" you made. Great job!

NanaConnie said...

What a fun sentiment, Anne! I admit most of the "mustache" humor just doesn't grab me, but this one I love. Great paper choices. :-D

Tammy said...

Too, too fun, super cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun card- your mustache and hair are so fun- love everything about this!