Friday, June 17, 2016

Country Flowers



Country Flowers is one of the six new releases from Sparkle N Sprinkle this month.

I started out by stamping the image and coloring it with Copic markers.  Starfire glitter was added here and there on the flowers and to the word "honey" on the can.


To create the background, I used one of the inserts in the Tonic Studios Indulgence Thins Bottle Wrap die set.  I die cut the insert three times across my cardstock, leaving a small gap between each cut.  This is a tall die, measuring approximately 7 1/2" long.  I didn't want my card to be that big, so after die cutting the three panels, I cut the cardstock in half and then lined up the two ends to make this shorter.


Once that was completed, I used the glueless glitter technique and applied Clear embossing powder and then Sugar Plum glitter.  Since the insert only die cuts the holes out of your cardstock, I wanted a different color for my background.  2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape was applied to the back of the shortened panel and then I added Princess Anna Royal glitter to the front.  Since the adhesive is recessed, you need to burnish the glitter into the openings with your fingertip.

The sentiment, which is part of the set was trimmed with my deckle trimmer and then I added a thin line of glue with a Sakura glue pen.  Starfire glitter was then added to the glue.  A strip of ribbon and a bow on the side are my finishing touches to this very glittery and sparkly card.

11 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous Anne. Love the idea for the background. Lots of sparkly goodness on this one!

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card Anne! I love that image and you colored it perfectly! That Tonic die is amazing!

Annie said...

A stunning card Anne x particularly like that fabulous background die. Coupled with those stunning florals and sentiment this is pretty special

Sending my best wishes
Annie x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Anne!! I love that Tonic die you used...on my wish list now!! The way you used it and added sparkle looks amazing!! And what beautiful flowers!! Gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Anne, love the sparkle background and beautiful flowers. Great sentiment too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

thanks for reminding me about the glueless glitter technique, Anne! Your card looks fabulously sparkly! xo

jimlynn said...

Sparkly and gorgeous! Love your coloring on the image and the background is beautiful.
Lynn

Donna said...

Beautiful Anne, fabulous coloring and stunning background!

Lena said...

Beautiful and sparkly :-) Lovely sentiment too. Love it!
Hugs,
Lena

NanaConnie said...

WOW, I love how you adjusted the length of the background die cut. Great explanation. Gorgeous sparkle, Anne, and I adore the flowers!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful is the background- and what a cool technique you used! Oh, the pretty flowers are just wonderful!!!