Monday, June 20, 2016

Rose Stems


Today I'd like to share a project I created using the Tonic Studio Diamond Favor Squeeze Box die set and the single rose stamp from the Roses rubber stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.   The squeeze box die set has a whopping 17 dies included so that you can mix and match inserts as well as cutting edges.  When you squeeze the sides of this box, it opens up into a square so that you can fill it with some little goodies.

front
I used some Super Adhesive Sheets and the kiss cut technique for each of the focal panels.  After die cutting and removing the background area release paper, I covered the adhesive with Cloud Nine velvet glitter, burnishing it in with my finger tip.  After removing the remaining release paper, I covered the adhesive with Sparkle N Soft flock (Glistening Emeralds) and burnished it in with my finger.  These panels are so soft and smooth that you can't help but run our fingers all over them.

For the Roses, I stamped both single stem roses that come in the stamp set, colored them with Copic markers, and then fussy cut each of them.  I added a bit of Bubble Gum glitter around the edges of the petals.

The four triangular side panels were also die cut from a Super Adhesive Sheet.  All were covered with Cloud Nine velvet glitter.

back
On the back side, I used a different cutting edge for the center panel, but used the same kiss cut technique and products as the front panels.

The sentiment, which is part of the stamp set, was stamped with black ink and heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.  I also used a Sakura glue pen to draw a fine line of glue around the edge of the die cut and added more Cloud Nine velvet glitter to give it a bit of sparkle.

This squeeze box is such a fun die cut and there are so many options for cutting it and so many ways you could embellish it.  I think it would make a great treat bag or gift bag.  It's approximately 4 1/2" tall once it's assembled (and assembling is so easy.)



11 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is stunning!! I love the unique shape of the box!! You decorated it so beautifully!! The roses look amazing!! I love the sparkle!! What a fabulous project this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Anne, love the cute box and sweet roses. Love the sentiment too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is super. Great shape and the kiss cut technique looks great on the panels. That sounds like a very versatile box die set.Your roses are gorgeous!

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful box Anne! I love all the sparkles! Those roses are beautiful too! Someone is going to love getting this sweet box!

Lena said...

What a gorgeous treat bag. I can see so many possibilities for the holidays. Imagine it with a poinsettia instead of the rose and you have a gorgeous and festive treat bag for Christmas. Great stocking stuffer too, with some yummy chocolates. Oh boy, my mind is on overdrive. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Anne!
Hugs,
Lena

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Anne, this is such a lovely gift idea, I like the shape of the box and thoses roses
Kevin xx

MiamiKel said...

OH this is a vision, Anne! What a gorgeous box you've made and the rose are so vibrant and just POP - wonderful use of the green sparkly glitter!

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful, sweet friend!!!

NanaConnie said...

Such a fabulous box shape, Anne! That die set is now on my list. Love the roses and that red ribbon for the tie.

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty! I love this rose, and always enjoy all of the ways you glisten up your beautiful projects!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Beautiful! I love your fussy cutting, absolutely perfect! The squeeze box die is really cool too! Your colors are so pretty and work so well together.