Thursday, June 23, 2016

Good Fortune


Today's card features three Die-Versions dies: Oriental Dragon, Oriental Screen, and Fortune Cookie font.

To start out, the Dragon was die cut from white cardstock and then colored with Copic markers.  Sometimes, if I want ideas on how to color a specific image, I use Google Images to see what sparks my imagination.  (I especially use this when trying to color birds.)


Next, I used the glueless glitter technique and Clear embossing powder to add glitter (PK Glitz- Chinese Firecracker) to the Oriental Screen.  (I've had this glitter for quite some time, so I'm not sure if it's still available but I'm sure there are some great substitutes for it.)







For my sentiment, I die cut my letters from the Fortune Cookie font twice so that I could create a shadow effect.

A bit of twine and a lucky charm are the finishing touches for this card.

Don't forget to use the code anne15 to get 15% off your total purchase of Die-Version dies (based on the every day sales price).


5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Anne!! The background screen looks amazing!! I never think to color the die cuts with markers - such a great idea!! The dragon looks fabulous!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Love how you colored the dragon Anne, he looks amazing against that glittery screen and the twine and charm are the perfect additions!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Fantastic Asian card, Anne! I've been thinking I need to purge some of my more politically incorrect Asian figures which are mostly Courtesans and Geishas. Not sure how the Japanese view them these days. Would it be like having stamps of slaves or other negative scenes? Just asking - LOL - probably should not leave it in a comment - sheesh! Anyway, I love what you have done, and really appreciate the textures and layers in your pretty creation! xo

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love the dragon and wonderful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lena said...

This is such an amazing oriental card. Love the dies you used and the bright colours too. Love, love the dragon and the beautiful font.
Hugs,
Lena