Sunday, June 26, 2016

Hello


Today's card features a couple older Die-Versions dies and lots of embossing powders.  I die cut the Feather die several times to create the background and the Hello Express Edge was used to create the sentiment.  (Enabler alert: the Express Edge die is on the Farewell Sale list right now, so if you like it you need to get it before it's gone.)

To create the multi-colored feathers, I started out by covering the die cut with VersaMark and then I sprinkled on the various colors of embossing powders.  I did not heat set in between each color.  The embossing powders I used were all from Sparkle N Sprinkle (Black, Blueberry, Copper Mountain, Dust Storm).

Once the embossing powder was heat set and cooled, I then added some Rose Gold Velvet glitter to the top of the die cut.  I heat set this again from the bottom.  As you reheat the embossing powder, the glitter melts into the embossing powder.  This gives you a bolder strip of glitter versus using the glueless glitter technique, which has a more subtle glitter look.

For the Hello sentiment, I added a bit of bling using the Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers (Aquamarine) and then I covered it with Glossy Accents for a bolder, shiny look so that it would stand out a bit more.

Mixing and matching embossing powders is a fun and quick technique that will give you different results every time.  If you don't like how it came out, you can always sprinkle a little more embossing powder over the top and re-heat it.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Die-Versions team to see what they've created.  If you want to get a 15% discount on your total Die-Versions purchase, use the code anne15 during checkout.



7 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Anne, I like the feathers and the colours
Kevin xx

Donna said...

This is stunning, great techniques, colors and design!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love the texture and feathers. Beautiful colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Anne, this is stunning!! I love all of the amazing shimmer!! I need the feather die now after seeing this!! Love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Oh how pretty! Love the beautiful colours and the textures. Just wonderful!
Hugs,
Lena

Lori Kobular said...

Anne your feathers look amazing! I am going to have to try mixing embossing powders together now! Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

Your EP melts look incredible, Anne! I love those colors, and the resulting textures! xo