Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Paradise {Scrapy Land #43}




Can you believe it's June 1st!?!  This year is flying by.  Since it's also the first Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for a new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme for the first challenge is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.


The following dies were used for today's card:


Die-Versions: Jumping Dolphins
Spellbinders: Opulent Ovals
Sue Wilson Designs: Noble dies-Double Pierced Rectangles, Set B

Today's project started out by using Copic markers to transform the Make It Crafty's Beach Digi Stamp into a sunset scene instead of a beach scene.



Once this was completed, I die cut the Opulent Ovals die from white cardstock and heat embossed the outer piece with Dark Night embossing powder.   Then I inserted the oval back into the frame.




The Jumping Dolphins die cut was also colored with Copics and a touch of glitter (Starfire) was added to the island trees and the stamen on the hibiscus.  I pop dotted this over the island scene and then added my die cut sea birds.

To finish it off, I die cut the yellow mat and the card base with two of the Sue Wilson die frames.

 I sure wish I was visiting this paradise about now.  How about you?

Be sure to visit the Scrapy Land Challenge blog to see what the rest of the team has created.  I know you won't be disappointed.  You'll have until June 12th to upload your project.  The winner, chosen by the Design Team, will receive a $15 gift certificate to go shopping at Scrapy Land.

16 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Anne x hope you are well xx I absolutely love this make....it's perfect for summer and reminds me of sunny California with those stunning Palm trees, waves and dolphins
Those dies are fabulous especially the frame around your main image

TFS and hugs
Annie x

Lori Kobular said...

Such a perfect card for the start of summer! I love the scene you created and all the details you put on this card! The dolphins go together with the image like they were meant for each other!

sarascloset said...

Anne, what a wonderful scene you have created here! I love your coloring and that dolphin die and the frame are gorgeous! Well done! Hugs!

Samra said...

WOW!!! This truly is a greeting from paradise! Love it!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I've just fallen in love with those stitched dies, Anne, and they really work beautifully to mat and showcase this image. The inlaid die framing the tropical island is magnificent, as are the dolphins and the hibiscus. What a great combo of die cuts!

Nancy Hill said...

Wonderful instructions. Love the embossed blue background as well as how you did the sunset. Gorgeous card. Love the SW Pierced dies.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous Anne! What a scene you have created with all these gorgeous dies! Beautiful!

Lisa said...

Wow!! This is stunning, Anne!! I love the beautiful scene!! You've showcased it perfectly!! The colors and design are so fabulous!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maryvonne Coussé said...

What a beautiful card Anne !!! ! It makes me want to dive with the dolphins ! So Stunning !!!! Love that dolphin die !
have a nice day
hugs
Maryvonne

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful summer card. I want to visit the island.

Lena said...

OMGoodnes, Anne, this card makes me want to pack my beach towel and head straight to the beach. Love everythign about it, from the beautiful focal image to the lovely dolphin flourish. I'm so ready for summer :-)
Hugs,
Lena

Patricia St Martin said...

My kind of card, just gorgeous! Love the scene you created, the blue is so stunning love the texture look and great scene from MIC.
Hugs Pat

Sherrie K. said...

Fabulous card! I love the scene you created and the colors are so vibrant! Love this!
Sherrie K

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, Anne, everything about this is soooo cool! Love the scene, the dies, the colors, and the textures. Fun, fun, fun! Hugz

Patricia Chalas said...

Waooo Anne what a wonderful scene you have created ! adorable!!

Donna Ellis said...

I seriously love these dies - all of them, it's a wonderful scene, Anne.
Experimenting here:
P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
{Anne Made}