Monday, June 6, 2016

Roses



My project today uses both the digi version and the rubber stamp of the large rose in this Sparkle N Sprinkle Roses set.  I used the digi version to enlarge the blossom and stamped the rubber version on white cardstock to create my background mat.

The focal point was colored with Copic markers, fussy cut out, and then I applied Clear embossing powder, followed by Sparkle embossing powder.


This gives it a different look than if I only used the Sparkle embossing powder.  You can see the difference between the blossom, which looks shiny with bits of glitter embedded into it versus the bottom solid card mat, which just has Sparkle embossing powder adhered to it.  The blossom looks shiny and feels smooth whereas the bottom mat has more texture that you can both see and feel.

I die cut some glossy white cardstock from a Spellbinders die (Labels Twenty Eight) and then added Distress Ink (Abandoned Coral) over it.  To give it a textured look, I used a sea sponge over the base coat.  Nuvo Crystal Drops (Gloss White) were added to either side.

To create the patterned mat, I randomly stamped the rose image over a piece of white cardstock using Abandoned Coral Distress Ink.  While the ink was still wet, I added Clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Next I added color to the cardstock by applying Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin) with a blending tool.

The sentiment, which is part of the stamp set was stamped with Black Soot onto vellum and heat set with Clear embossing powder.  A strip of crinkle ribbon and bow add the finishing touches to this card.


12 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Your card is stunning, Anne - such rich, vibrant colors! A gorgeous card ♥

Shona Erlenborn said...

So much sparkle! Love it Anne. Love the stamped background and then using the bigger digi as the focal point.

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Anne!! The flower looks amazing!! You colored it so beautifully!! The sparkle makes it really shine!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card Anne! Love that pretty rose!

Lena said...

So pretty, Anne. Love the warm vibrant colours you used. Beautiful focal rose.
Hugs,
Lena

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Anne! Gorgeous techniques! XO

Shelly Schmidt said...

How pretty- love the shimmer on the rose, love the shimmery pink BG. Your ribbon is lovely- have been mailing out my cards lately, so not adding much ribbon.....

MaryH said...

Simply awesome look to this beautiful rose. Was interested to read about the combining of the 2 different types of EP. I have some of the SS and never really know quite how/when to use it! Also very much like the way you've replicated the focal image on the background too. A pretty color combination with the pink shades, and the golden shades. Like that crinkly ribbon. TFS & Happy wkend.

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous coloring on a gorgeous card! Love the extra with the ribbon too.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Anne, love the colour of the rose.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, this is lovely - especially with the white highlights! Your variety of images always wow's my imagination. I wish I could live next door so we could play together.

NanaConnie said...

This is gorgeous, Anne! You've been so busy while I was off tramping around the country. I'm here to get caught up before I leave again for another round of vacation travels on Friday. :-D