Friday, April 27, 2018

Yellow Submarine


We all live in a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine.....

Here with my take on the Submarine exclusive die by Cheapo Dies.  When I saw this die, the Beatles song Yellow Submarine immediately started going through my mind.


I die cut the submarine twice so that I could add a shadow behind the yellow one.  I stamped the music background (Stampabilities stamp) onto black cardstock and then embossed it with Clear embossing powder.  Next I added a couple colors of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Peony Pink, Cornflower Blue) using my finger tip.  The yellow submarine was pop dotted on top of the musical notes.

The white mats were die cut using the Dotted Rectangle Set of unbranded dies from Cheapo Dies. (Unfortunately, these are temporarily out of stock as of this writing, but these would work just as well.) After adhering the music background, I wrote some of the lyrics to the Beatles' song around the edges.

For a final touch, Nuvo Crystal Drops (limoncello) were added to the corners. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so adorable, Anne!! I love the yellow submarine (and that song is now playing through my head!!) The texture and colors of the black paper behind is so fabulous and really makes the sub pop!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Love this Anne11 The submarine is super cute and I love that song, hehe!
Have a great weekend!
Sherrie K

Lena said...

What a fun card, Anne. And now I have that song stuck in my head :-)
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a great week ahead!
Hugs,
Lena

Shelly Schmidt said...

So fun! I love the yellow submarine!