Friday, May 4, 2018

Bookmark


Today I've created a bookmark using the Bookshelf exclusive die from Cheapo Dies.  The sentiment was computer generated and then die cut using the Cross Stitch Circle Set of unbranded dies from Cheapo Dies.




This mixed media project incorporates pages from a book that are 75 years old (the original owner of the book wrote his name and date inside the cover), embossing powders and Nuvo Embellishment Mousse along with the die cuts.

To start this project, either die cut a tag or use a pre-cut one.  Next adhere some type of adhesive like Mod Podge or Multi Mat Medium to the base.  I used Multi Mat Medium and then began tearing pieces of the vintage book pages and layering them on top of each other.  I brushed more adhesive on top of each piece of book page that I laid down.

Once this was dry, I added a coupe different types of embossing powder (SNS-Fleur de Lis; Distress Powders-Vintage Photo) and heat set.  The final step for the tag/bookmark was to add some color using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Lilac Lavender).

The next step was to die cut the bookshelf from blue cardstock.  I adhered this to one of the blank pages from the vintage book and then quickly cut around it.  This was then adhered to the bookmark.

As a final step, I created a "ribbon" using a bit of washi tape.

3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a fun bookmark Anne! You had fun getting inky with this one I can tell!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Anne!! The background looks amazing!! I love the books and the sentiment!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Great bookmark and dies! You really can't ever have too many books either!! Love it.
Lynn