Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hugs {Scrapy Land #106}



Hey everyone.  time for a brand new Scrapy Land Challenge.  The theme is always Anything Goes using any brand of die that Scrapy Land sells.

Today's card was a lot of fun to make.  I saw a tutorial where you stack stencils on top of each other to create a unique background and I knew I wanted to try that. (You can find the tutorial here.) I started off with white cardstock, stenciled VersaFine Clair ink through a Tonic Studios stencil (Mesh Panel) and then layered a Tim Holtz stencil (Scribbles) on top of that and added a different color of Versafine Clair ink.  The remaining white areas was a little too bright, so I lightly blended more VersaFine Clair onto the whole thing.

Once this was completed, I die cut the cardstock using a stitched rectangle set that I own.  Any of these would work just as well.




Next up was deciding what to have as my focal point.  I created some flowers using a Heartfelt Creations stamp set and coordinating dies (Blazing Poppy Petals).  Any brand of die that creates flowers will work.  The ones that you can form and add dimension work even better.  Color was added to each flower using various VersaFine Clair inks (Summertime, Golden Meadow, Twilight, Cheerful, Charming Pink, Glamorous) and then I die cut them using the coordinating die. Once my flowers were layered and given dimension, I added some Prills to the centers.



The flowers are layered on top of a Sue Wilson oval (Rose Oval). I die cut the center of the oval using one of the dies in the set to have it open and then, using the same die, die cut a piece of velum to add back to the center.  This allow the background to still show through, but blurs it enough so that you can see the sentiment.

The sentiment is part of a four die set from Avery Elle (Sentimentals) and was die cut from vellum.  I added more VersaFine Clair to the back side for color.

The card base was die cut from coordinating cardstock using a Sue Wilson Designs die (Noble dies-Double Pierced Rectangles).

Now it's your turn to submit an entry (or two) and have a chance of winning one of two gift certificates to go shopping at Scrapy Land.  We love seeing all types of projects....CAS to scrapbooking to mixed media to journaling to.......well, you get the idea 😀.  You have until Feb 3 to join us for the Scrapy Land Challenge #106.


9 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I love that idea of using different stencils for the background! Yours turned out gorgeous! That SW frame is gorgeous and the vellum in the middle is a perfect touch! Your flowers are so lovely and the Prills in the center of the flowers makes them look real!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like your stenciling, coloring and your frame with the vellum!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning, Anne!! The stenciling looks amazing!! I love the beautiful flowers and the vellum window!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! Anne, fabulous stenciling! The colors feel nice and warm, perfect for this chilly time of year. Beautiful card!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

I just loved how you used the stenciling. This is something that is on my list to try. This is awesome beauty, with beautiful palette.
Hugs
Berni
chasingthedream.

Jessica K said...

Beautiful! I love how you layered the stencils - what a cool technique!! :)

Jess

Tiphanie B. said...

this card reminds me of spring ! the flowers are so delicate and I love the colors you used. The background is interesting I love it ! Tiphanie xx

Lena said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card. Love the vibrant colours and the pretty flowers!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Lena

Lena said...

Such a fun and bright beautiful card. I love your flowers and now I'll have to get some Prills :-)
Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena