Thursday, July 18, 2019

Dragonfly Keepers {Lavinia World #5}



Hey everyone, it's Thursday and that means it's time for Lavinia World Challenges #5!  The theme for this bi-weekly challenge is anything goes using either rubber or clear stamps (sorry, no digis) and the winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to do some shopping at Lavinia World.  What could be better than free Lavinia stamps!! 😁



For my project today, I created my background with Distress Inks and Oxides (Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage) and then stamped the Dragonfly Keepers stamp using VersaFine Claire (Twilight). 

I stamped the image again onto a piece of white cardstock so I cut fussy cut out the wings.  I added a bit more Distress Ink and Oxide (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry) to the fussy cut wings and then I covered them with Nuvo Jewel Drops (Rosewater).



Once everything was dry, I pop dotted the wings onto the main image and then I sprayed a homemade gold spritz onto the whole thing.

Next up, I used a Tutti Designs die (Maple Vine Frame) and die cut it twice from a piece of white cardstock.  For the first one, I used the same greens as the background to give it color.  I then adhered this onto the white piece and offset it for a bit of shadow.

Once the frame was together, pop dots were added to the bottom for a bit more dimension.  This was all layered onto my darker green card base.

Now it's your turn to join us.  You have until July 29 to upload your project to the Lavinia World Challenges #5.  If you use Lavinia stamps in your project, your chance of winning doubles!  Be sure to check out the amazing projects created by the design team while you are there.




8 comments:

Annie said...

This is a beautiful card Anne x The fairy is so sweet and I love the die you used x
Sending my best wishes
Annie x

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Anne!! I love the dimension on her wings!! That leaf die frames her so beautifully!! The colors are gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

I love your card Anne! That die goes perfectly with the fairy!

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Anne!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful Anne, Love how you framed the fairy.

Julie Odil said...

Such gorgeous wings on your fairy, Anne, and I love the diecut frame around the edge of the card. Beautiful!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love how you offset the frame Anne. This is a very pretty design - beautiful wings on your little fairy.

Lena said...

Beautiful card, Anne. Love the sweet fairy! The frame is gorgeous and just perfect to showcase the fairy. Love it!
Have a great day.
Big hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations