Friday, September 27, 2019

Anime Sarah Witch 1


Yay, it's Friday!  It's also the last Friday of the month and that means it's time for the Anime New Release from Scrapper's Delights!  




The best deal is the Anime VIP Deal Zodiac Bundle.  You receive all three new release images (Anime Sarah Witch 1, Anime Sarah Witch 2, and Anime Traveller) PLUS the Anime VIP - Libra image and lots of design elements to go along with the image.



I had so much fun coloring Anime Sarah Witch 1 and I was quite happy with the final results.  To start off, I printed her onto white cardstock.  The way she was positioned on the cardstock and printed out (totally by accident), I knew right away that I wanted to create a long, thin business sized card.

Once the image was printed, I photocopied it onto plain, thin photocopy paper so I could fussy cut it out and create a mask.  Using temporary adhesive, I adhered my mask on top of the image.

Next, I took another piece of white cardstock the same width as my card and die cut a circle out.  Keeping the circle die cut for the next step, I began adding Distress Inks to create the moon behind the image.

Once I was happy with the colors and shading, using a temporary adhesive, I added the circle back into the cardstock mask.  Then I removed the larger piece of cardstock to reveal the rest of the card while the moon was covered up.  Using several shades of Distress Inks and Oxides, I created my night sky.

When I achieved the look I was going for, I removed both the mask for the moon (and am saving it for a future project) and the mask on the image.  I then colored her with Copic markers.

I had the perfect dies to make it look like she was hovering in the sky - trees.  I used the Dee's Distinctively (Alaskan Cedar-Large) dies to create my tress.  I die cut them from white cardstock and then added shading with Distress Ink.  As I only wanted the tops of the trees, I cut off the bottoms once I adhered everything where I wanted it.


For the inside of the card, I used a Tonic Studios (What's Brewing) two piece die set and die cut white cardstock.  I used the same Distess Ink to color the base.  I'll use a white paint pen to write my sentiment onto  the black card base.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the team created on the Scrapper's Delights Inspiration Blog and join us on our Facebook Fan Page.  We'd love it if you played along in our Blog Challenge each month.  You can find out details about our Progressive Freebie Challenge on our FB page for even more chances to win free images.

Here's a sneak peek for the Chibi New Release on Oct 4



Until next time.....


2 comments:

Lena said...

Boo-tiful Anne. She's too cute to spook :-) Love your card!
Hugs,
Lena

Shona Erlenborn said...

What vivid colors! She does look like she is hovering over those trees! Fabulous work!