Monday, February 24, 2020

Best Wishes


Hey everyone,  I'd like to share a watercolor card I created using the following Tutti Designs dies:

Asian Screen

Best Wishes

I started out by die cutting the Asian Screen from a large piece of watercolor paper.  I positioned it so that I would have a larger border at the bottom of the watercolor paper.  Be sure to save this large negative piece for later.  When die cutting this screen, you will also want to save all of the negative pieces.  My watercolor paper was thick enough that it cut through it, but when i removed the die, all the pieces stayed in place.  I added tape to the backside to make sure none of these smaller pieces fell out while I was coloring this die cut.

Next I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color the focal point.  Once I was happy with the results, I adhered this focal point to my black card base.


Next I added blue to the large negative piece to resemble the sky.  I added dimensional foam tape to the back side and then adhered it on top of my focal point.  You can see how this really adds an extra bit of pop to the card front.

After the card front was completed, I die cut my sentiment using the Best Wishes die set, which includes four dies.  White cardstock was used to die cut my sentiment then I heat embossed it with a sparkly copper colored embossing powder.

I placed the sentiment so that part of the word "Best" was resting over the screen, giving even more awareness to the dimension achieved with sinking the focal point into the frame created with the negative portion of die cut. 



Until next time....





3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this watercolor beauty! Great idea to pop up the negative frame.

Anne Buckingham said...

Your card is stunning. Love the design and colors.

Donna said...

Beautiful card and water coloring!