Monday, February 17, 2020

Eggs-tra Special {Jan's Digi Shop}



It's time for a new Jan's Digi Stamp Challenges #8.  

I designed this digi card using the pre-colored images from this sweet stamp set called Cottontail Easter (3245J). I printed the egg twice so I could fussy cut out the flowers.


I layered the solid eggs behind my focal point egg with the flowers and the ribbon band.  After I was happy with the placement of everything, I added the included sentiment.

Next I found some digital papers that I liked and incorporated them into my Word file as well, making sure they were the correct size for the background.

Then I removed the background papers and printed them separately from the egg arrangement.  I wanted to fussy cut out the eggs so that it would give a bit of added dimension to the card.  Even though the added dimension is minimal, it's enough to fool the eye into thinking there is more too the card.  I added the fussy cut flowers on top of the main egg and added a bit of glitter to the flower petals.



Jan's is one of the few digi shops that I know of that also give you beautifully pre-colored images.  It's a great way to create a quick card and add a few touches here and there to make it your own 😀.

Now it's your turn to come play with us.  Jan's Digi Stamp Challenges is held the first and third Monday of every month.  Winners are chosen randomly and will have two weeks to collect their prize.  (All the details are under the Challenge Guidelines tab at the top of the Challenge Blog page.)

Come get social with us:
Facebook - Shopping - Pinterest - Challenges

Until next time.....


7 comments:

jimlynn said...

The added glitter on the egg is so pretty Anne. Love your colors too. Beautiful!
Lynn

Shona Erlenborn said...

I really don't understand the process, but the result is great! Lovely sparkly flowers!

NanaConnie said...

This card is so glamorous, Anne! Love the added sparkle and your color combo with the paper framing is gorgeous. Of course, anything with purple tugs at my heart but purple and aqua is probably my favorite combo over and above any other. :-D

Julie Odil said...

This is so pretty, Anne. You have the perfect colors for Easter.

Anne Buckingham said...

An Easter card that sparkles! Perfect for any holiday. Lovely card.

Sheryl said...

This is so, so , pretty Anne. I love it!
Hugs Sheryl xx

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous technique to showcase these Easter Goodies, Anne! I love how you outlined the fussy cut eggs with glitter - they look embossed. Beautifully done! hugs, de