Monday, May 4, 2020

Sending Hugs {DRU Inspiration}



Today I'd like to share a card I created for the Dies R Us Inspiration team.  

The following dies from Dies R Us were used to create this:


Tonic Studios: Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Basics 
(any of these would also work)

I wanted to play around with a stencil to see if I could create an interesting background.  I used the AALL & CREATE stencil called Lushly Leafy. Although DRU doesn't carry any of their stencils at the moment, they do carry some of their amazing stamps.  I ended up creating two completely different backgrounds using this stencil.


The one in the upper right was created on watercolor paper and I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color in the stencil area.  It took a little bit of time, but it was relaxing to me and I love the results.

The bottom left background was created using white cardstock and Distress Inks.  I'll have a card for you next week using this background.  It's hard to believe that both of these were created using the same stencil.

Back to today's card.  After the watercolor paper had completely dried, I used my layering rectangles to die cut the black larger layer and the next size down to die cut my watercolored piece.



I used the same black cardstock to die cut my rose frame and my sentiment using the Frantic Stamper die set.


I played around with the sentiment a bit before I adhered it, trying to decide if I liked it centered of off to the side.  As you can see, I decided to center it.

Here's one final look at the finished project. Once the background was completed, this was a really quick and easy card to assemble.  I even have some smaller pieces of the watercolor background to use on another card in the future.



I hope you've enjoyed today's project.  Head back to the Dies R Us Blog tomorrow for more fabulous inspiration from the DRU Inspiration design team.


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

That stenciling looks great Anne. How creative. A beautiful card!

Anne Buckingham said...

I am in love with this card. How clever to have colorful background and use black to cut out dies. I will be copying your idea.

Lena said...

Wow, Anne, what lovely and totally different backgrounds using the same stencil. I would have never guessed it! Your card is lovely and I can't wait to see what you made with the other.
Have a lovely weekend.
Stay safe and healthy.
Lena