Monday, April 27, 2020

Pitcher of Flowers


Hey everyone, I have a for-fun project to share with you today.  I used the Pitcher of Flowers svg from Simply Crafty SVGs.

I made several of these to send out to friends.  I changed the design just slightly by adding a handled pitcher to the back of the card to mirror the one on the front.

The file gives you the option of cutting a slightly smaller non-handled image so that you can write a message on it.  I decided not to do this and added a separate note to the envelope.  That way, this can be displayed without everyone seeing what I wrote 😀.

Graphic 45 cardstock was used for each of the pitchers and scraps for everything else.  I tried making different colored flowers (you can see a couple of these in the last photo) but I liked the white ones the best.



I added a bit of bling to the stems on this one using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker.



For this one, not only did I use some of the colored flowers, I also added thick clear embossing powder to the pitcher before adhering it.  This gives it more of a true ceramic or porcelain look.  Of course, that didn't show up in the photos 😂.



This photo gives you an idea of how wide this is.



One of the great features is that this folds flat, so it can easily be mailed in an envelope without adding extra postage.



Until next time......


5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Those look amazing in the first photo. Anne. The single photos are not showing up however.

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, these projects are so pretty! Your choices of papers and colors, combined with the carefully textured flowers, show a lot of love went into the making! It’s remarkable that they fold flat! Beautiful. Hugs, donut

Anne Buckingham said...

Love, love, love this project. Your pitchers of flowers came out beautifully. I've been wanting to try a similar project that is 3-D and folds flat. I need to be brave and jump in. You did a fabulous job. Love that the flower petals have texture. Your attention to detail in wonderful.

Lena said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous. Love the beautiful papers you used for the pitchers. I'm glad you mentioned that it folds flat. I think it would make a lovely card for my mom for Mother's day. Thank you for the inspiration.
Have a great day.
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

laurie said...

Awesome project!! So pretty!