Thursday, April 23, 2020

Dreaming {Lavinia World #25}



Hey everyone, it's time for a new Lavinia World Challenges!  The theme is always anything goes using a stamped image and the winner of each challenge will receive a $15 gift certificate to do some shopping at Lavinia World.  Today's project uses the following Lavinia stamps from Lavinia World:


I started my project by die cutting a piece of white cardstock with an Elizabeth Craft Designs die (Tags and More 3 - Leaves).  I wanted to use a resist technique for the Orbs and Bubbles, so I stamped them with VersaMark and heat set with Clear embossing powder.  Next, I began adding color to the background using Distress Oxides and my blending brushes.  The inks resisted the embossing powder, leaving the orbs and bubbles with a white outline.

Once I was happy with the background, I began stamping the rest of my scene using VersaFine Clair inks. Nocturne was used for the animals and Morning Mist for the stones

I added a bits of color and shading with colored pencils to the Orbs and Bubbles. A white gel pen was used to add highlights to Pipin and Christopher.  Glossy Accents was added to all of the orbs and bubbles for added dimension and a glossy appearance.

The Dream sentiment was stamped onto vellum using Monarch VersaFine Clair ink and then heat set with Clear embossing powder. Next, I tore around the edges of my sentiment using my fingers. 

The leaves from the die cut are negative pieces.  I die cut these twice and adhered two on top of each other.  Then I inserted them back into the die cut for dimension.  Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers give them added sparkle.

The next layer was also created using various Distress Oxides.  This time, I stayed with the pinks and purples.   I added a spritz of water to distress it slightly. The final layer before the card base was die cut using a Tonic Studios die from pink cardstock.  Various sizes and colors of gems were randomly added for the finishing touch.

Now it's your turn to join us.  You can either upload your current project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!

You have until Monday, May 4 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  Don't forget, the winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time.....




5 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Aw, how sweet, Anne. I am in love with the little caterpillar!

Lena said...

I love everything about your card Anne. From the beautiful and cheerful colours to the lovely tag card design. Great way to make those bubbles pop by using the emboss resist technique. I need to give it a try soon. I'd forgotten what a lovely result it produces. Thank you for the inspiration, Anne.
Stay safe and healthy!
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Anne! I love the way you have portrayed multiple dreams with the orbs, and even made it feel like shared dreams between the caterpillar and bunny. It's a lovely, sparkly creation! hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

I love this Anne! It looks like a terrarium! Love the colors you used too!

Alina Florea said...

Such a great way to use the tag dies in a project. Love all the stamps and the way they are combined. Love it! Hugs