Monday, April 20, 2020

Hello {Jan's Digi Shop}



Hey everyone, I have a project to share with you today using a digi stamp set from Jan's Digi Stamp Shop called Church Sympathy 604J. Although this set has some beautiful sentiments perfect for a sympathy card, I decided to use this image for a "just because" type of card.  I think the image is beautiful and can be used for lots of different occasions.


To create today's card, I printed the digital image onto vellum and then fussy cut around it.  I added a touch of color to the back side of the vellum, but was very light handed as I wanted my background to show through.

The background was created using watercolor paper,  Nuvo Shimmer Powders, and water.  I spritzed the watercolor paper with water, squeezed powders here and there, and then used my finger tip to move the color around. I wanted to keep the colors pretty intense, so I added more of the shimmer powder until I was happy with the results.



Next I adhered the vellum image on top of the watercolor panel and then added this to my die cut from a John Next Door die set (Square Scene Box).  A bit of twine added the finishing touch before adhering the focal point to the card base.

I die cut the sentiment from black card stock using a Penny Black die (Doodles) and adhered it directly to the card base.

Jan's Digi Stamp Challenges is a monthly challenge which begins on the first Monday of each month and end on the Sunday prior to the first Monday.  There will be TWO Winners chosen randomly and will have two weeks to collect their prize.  One winner will be chosen from those that submit a project using one of Jan's images and the other winner will be chosen from all the other entries.  Each winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to Jan's Digi Stamps.  So come join the fun!

Get social with us:
Facebook - Shopping - Pinterest - Challenges

Sadly, this is my last posting for Jan's Digi Stamps team.  I have known Jan for a long time and wish her all the best with all of her endeavors.  I'll miss being a part of this team.



Until next time.....




3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a sweet card, Anne. Love how you did the image on the vellum. The background is so pretty.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Anne.
Lynn

Donna said...

Such a beautiful card, like the image on vellum!