Thursday, December 31, 2020

Magical Druids Inn {Lavinia World #43}

 


🎊 Happy New Year!! 🎊

Today is the beginning of a new Lavinia World Challenges #43. The winner will receive a $15 gift code to Lavinia World so you can get yourself a little something that might not have been included in your stocking this year.

For today's magical card, I used the following Lavinia stamps:

Druids Inn
Mystical Swirl
Fairy Hive Set
Chinese Lantern
Versafine Clair: Twilight, Chianti, Nocturne, Green Oasis, Verdant

I started out by creating my background using watercolor powders (Tonic Studios Shimmer Powder and Cosmic Shimmers Vintage Gold) on watercolor paper.  I kept playing around with it, adding multiple layers of color. I made sure to heat dry the paper between each layer as I didn't want a muddy mess. Once I was satisfied, I let it air dry overnight.

Then I began to create my scene, starting with the Druids Inn stamp.  Once I decided that would be the focal point, I kept looking at my stamps to decide what would go best with it. I stamped each stamp in a different color using the Versafine Clair ink pads and a stamp positioner. I let this air dry for a few hours and then came back and added even more color with markers.

I die cut my sentiment from a Pink & Main die set called Magical.  I thought it was appropriate since I love how the gold shimmer color looks like magic dust swirling all around the tree and the entrance to the inn.

My guess is that the fairies are getting ready to celebrate the new year by spreading around lots and lots of fairy dust.  😀

Now it's your turn and I hope you'll join us.  You can either upload your newly created project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


Play in our Anything Lavinia Facebook Group
and/or our Lavinia World Challenge Blog

 Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!
Sign up to receive our Lavinia World Challenges and all the amazing inspiration from our Designers sent directly to your emails.

Please note that although we carry the full Lavinia range, we are not part of any other entity or Facebook group that carries Lavinia stamps. ONLY the cards posted to Lavinia World Challenges will be entered into the drawing for the Lavinia World prize.  Also note that the gift certificates are ONLY valid at the Lavinia World website.



Check out Lavinia World's 
YouTube Channel and their amazing video team! This wonderfully talented group creates how-to videos every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (and sometimes more often).  
SUBSCRIBE and click notifications so you don't miss a single one.

You have until Monday, January 11, 2021 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  The winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World, the US largest retailer of Lavinia stamps.


Until next time.....wishing everyone a MAGICAL 2021!


5 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

Anne definitely magical.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Anne, this would be a fabulous YouTube tutorial. I'd love to see how you did this, it is beautiful!

Lori Kobular said...

Anne I love those Chinese Lanterns with the Tree! Love all that purple color too! I think that magical word die is going on my Wish List!

Lena said...

Oh Anne, this is lovely. Love shades of purple and the pretty scene you designed.
Beautiful!!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Lena

charlene said...

Anne I love the shimmer in the background this is a great card!