Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Friendship {DRU Inspiration}



Hi everyone. I'm back today with a new project for the DRU Inspiration team.  I created this cute card for a friend of mine who doesn't care for typical Valentine's cards.  That's why I made it about friendship. 😀

I used the following products for today's project.

Poppystamps: Pinpoint Hearts
My Favorite Things: Skinny Strips (many of these would work)
Crafters' Companion: For A Special Friend stamp and die set (many of these will work)
La-La Land Crafts: Love Notes stamp set (any stamped image or die cut will work)


I started out by stamping my image with Memento ink and then coloring it with Copic markers.  Since I used a stamp positioner to stamp the image, I left the stamp in place while I colored it. Once it was colored, I placed the stamped image back in the positioner and stamped it again with VersaMark embossing ink. Then I heat embossed it with Clear embossing powder.  This extra step gives the image much more definition and a bit of shine. I fussy cut out each animal and saved the other two for upcoming projects.

Next up I used my paper trimmer to cut some patterned papers to the correct sizes for matting on an A2 sized card. On the smaller of the two mats, I die cut the Pinpoint Hearts.  Once this was die cut, I thought the pinpoints didn't stand out as much as I wanted, so I added a darker ink to the die cut area.  I didn't like that either, so I added the same ink randomly to the rest of the mat. Then I die cut another piece of the same patterned paper and fussy cut around the edges. 

I die cut my word Friend from the same patterned paper as the backing mat and stamped the other part of the sentiment onto white cardstock. I die cut this out using a small label die. You could also hand cut it.

Now I was ready for the assembly of my card. I adhered the backing mat to my white card stock base. Next came the patterned paper that I added lots of ink to and then the fussy cut out heart directly on top.  I completed the card by adding the panda and my sentiments.

Here is one final look at today's project:


Head back to the Dies R Us Blog tomorrow for more fabulous inspiration from the DRU Inspiration design team.

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

click below for:




Thanks so much for stopping by.

 



2 comments:

Donna said...

This is absolutely adorable Anne!

Lena said...

This is lovely. That heart with the pinpoint embossing is beautiful and makes the perfect background for your sweet panda. Have a great day, and stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations