Thursday, September 12, 2019

Fairy Village {Lavinia World #9}


Hey everyone, it's time for a new Lavinia World Challenges #9!  The theme is anything goes using stamped images (sorry no digis, but rubber or clear stamps are perfect).  The Winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to Lavinia World!

I've created this fun scene using the following stamps:


The first thing I did was to create my background.  I used watercolor paper and Nuvo Shimmer Powders.  These look amazing in person and I love how easy they are to use.



Then I began building my scene.  Starting with the Tree Root, I stamped it toward the bottom.  I repositioned the stamp, masked off the roots, and stamped it again to make the tree trunk longer.  Then I stamped two different shades of Whimsical Whisps to create the leaves.

Next I stamped the Fairy Shops 1 several times onto white cardstock, fussy cut them out and colored each one with Copic markers.  

I temporarily positioned the houses where I wanted them and then used my stamp positioner to stamp the Fairy Chain.  I only stamped a portion of the stamp images.  I stamped this a couple of times to get it nice and dark.  Once I was satisfied with color of the fairies, I adhered the Fairy Shops and the snail. The two houses in front are also pop-dotted for added dimension.

The backing mats were both die cut using Tonic Studios dies (Memory Book Maker, Layered Cascade die set).

Be sure to join us for the Lavinia World Challenges #9 and check out the amazing projects from the rest of the team.  You will definitely be inspired!  You have until Sept 23 😊.


Until next time.......





10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Anne!! The background looks so amazing!! I love the colorful fairy village!! This is gorgeous!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

I have that die set! I've owned it for at least 2 years, and don't know where it is! I must find it! Wonder why it is not with my other tonic dies? Tell me you know the answer to this all-important question, Anne. WOW! It looks fabulous with your beautiful fairy village and the textured background full of golden highlights I especially like that your handmade paper accepted that blue coloring so well. (that is the tonic hand-made paper that was white, correct?) Wonderful card, right down to the cute snail! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Awesome work, Anne! Love all the layers and how you framed your fairy scene. Cute little houses and snail!

Julie Odil said...

What a great scene you have created, Anne, and I love the dies you used behind it all. Wnoderful card!

Lena said...

If I lived in this happy and colourful fairy village, I would be dancing too! :-) It's gorgeous Anne. Love the colours and the scene you created. Leaves a smile on the face every time :-)
Have a wonderful day and a great weekend ahead.
Big hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Alina Florea said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The village is like taken from a fairytale book and the background is spectacular. I should play more with my Nuvos too. Great card, Anne! Hugs xoxo

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

I love this and the colors are so great. The dimensionals and layer are so wonderful too. Vicki

Donna said...

Such a gorgeous scene and fabulous background! Have a wonderful weekend Anne!

Lori Kobular said...

Anne this Fairy Village scene is gorgeous! I love the colors on the buildings and the fairies look like they are having a great time! The colors are perfect and the shape of your card is so fun!

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Anne thanks for your sweet comment on my Lavinia card, loved this when I saw it on the blog, it's gorgeous.xx