Thursday, November 21, 2019

Fairy Merry Christmas {Lavinia World #14}


Hey everyone, today I'd like to share my latest project for the Lavinia World Challenges #14.  I created an interactive card using a Spellbinders die (Festive Wreaths Slider Card).

I used the following stamps from Lavinia World on my Christmas card:




When you pull the ribbon, the interactive card reveals your message.  This photo really shows the texture achieved when the Christmas Eve stamp was heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.




To start out, I die cut a piece of white cardstock using some older circle dies from Spellbinders (Standard Circles Small) for the base of the focal point and created a frame using the same set from patterned cardstock.

Using a stamp positioner, I placed both the white circle and the frame onto the stamping area so I could make sure nothing would be hidden with the frame.  I then removed the frame and stamped the Christmas Eve image.  I used a combination of Distress Ink and Distress Markers to get the colors.  I also used varying pressure on the tree to make it appear lighter and darker in certain areas.

Once I was happy with the stamping, leaving the stamp in place, clean it and then stamp with VersaMark.  Heat set with Clear embossing powder.  Pan Pastels were used for the background and highlighting the star and Christmas tree ornaments.

The same process of placing my white inside piece of cardstock on my stamp positioner and setting the red glittery frame on top to accurately stamp my sentiment and the Dancing Fairy was used for the "reveal" image. I stamped the Snowflakes numerous times, added my Fairy Merry Christmas sentiment and one of the Three Dancing Fairies.






We have some exciting news to share too. Lavinia World now has it's very own Facebook group called Anything Lavinia


Not only can you share any of your projects that use Lavinia products (stamps and papers), you can also enter our challenges there 💕.   There will be a specific Album for each challenge for you to upload your projects.  If you enter our challenge on the Lavinia World Challenges blog, the theme is anything goes.  If you enter our challenge via the Anything Lavinia facebook group, it must include a Lavinia product (stamps, papers).  Entries from both Lavinia World Challenges and Anything Lavinia will be combined and one winner will be chosen by the Designers to receive a $15 gift certificate from Lavinia World

Now it's your turn to join us.  You have until Monday, Dec 2 to enter in either place (no duplicates though.)  We can't wait to see what you share with us!!


Until next time.....








8 comments:

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

You make the coolest folding cards!

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! It's NOT an easel card! LOL (I just came from FB) How pretty to make your images match the plaid background, Anne! Can you use the slider portion of that die set with other shapes? LOVING the sparkle, of course - kind of like your laughter - lots of sparkle and joy! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so fun! Love all the sparkle with the fun fold!

Donna said...

Fabulous slider card, like your plaid and glittery paper with the darling image!

Steph Ackerman said...

Love all the sparkle on this card.

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful and unique card! I love the glitter on it too!

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully done, Anne! The red sparkle is so great for anything Christmas and of course, I adore the fairy. Brilliant interactive design.

Anne Buckingham said...

Love a mechanical card. Love the way it works and the look. I had not thought of using the little fairies as placing a star at the top of the Christmas tree, clever idea. The card is beautiful.