Thursday, March 26, 2020

Dreams and Wishes {Lavinia World #23}


Hey everyone, Lavinia World Challenges has a new challenge beginning today.  Anything goes using a stamped image (rubber or clear, but no digis). The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to go shopping at Lavinia World!

I used the following stamps for today's project:




When I saw the Every Dream sentiment from Lavinia, I immediately thought of the old nursery rhyme "Star light, star bright":


I began by die cutting the circle of stars from a My Favorite Thing die set (Starry Circle) from white cardstock.  I colored the circle with Distress Oxides and added a slightly smaller circle to the back.  A sparkly yellow embossing powder was used to give this smaller circle color before it was adhered.

Next, I die cut another piece of white cardstock for my background using a Spellbinders die (Opulent Ovals).  This was also colored using Distress Oxides and Inks.

I still wanted some subtle stars on this layer as well.  As you know, Distress Oxides react with water. So I created a small puddle of water on my work surface and dipped the Stars Miniature stamp directly into the water puddle. Then I "stamped" this onto the die cut. At the beginning, I got larger splotches of water droplets as well as the star shapes from the stamp.  The more I stamped, the more defined the stars became.

I stamped my Every Dream sentiment onto a piece of vellum using black ink and die cut it using another My Favorite Things die (Skinny Strips).  I heat set this using Clear embossing powder.

My final layer was created by die cutting a rectangle from black cardstock. I made a homemade shimmer/glimmer mist and generously spritzed the silvery mist all over the black cardstock.  It's really shimmery in person!  All of the layers were then adhered to a multi-colored card base.

Now it's your turn to join us.  You can either upload your newly created project to the Challenge Blog or you can join our Anything Lavinia Facebook group and upload your project there.  

If you upload into the Anything Lavinia album, your project must include something Lavinia (stamps, paper); if you upload to the Challenge Blog, anything goes as long as you have used a physical stamp on your project.  

You can share your projects with us on the Challenge BlogFacebookInstagram, and our Anything Lavinia Facebook group:

Anything Lavinia


STORE ** CHALLENGE ** FACEBOOK ** INSTAGRAM

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram: LaviniaWorldStore

Don't forget to include #laviniaworldstore on your projects and tag us at @laviniaworldstore so we can be sure to see and comment on your Lavinia projects!



You have until Monday, April 6 to enter in either Lavinia World Challenges or Anything Lavinia.  Don't forget, the winner will receive a very generous $15 gift code to do some shopping at Lavinia World.



Until next time.....




11 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

So beautiful, Anne! What a lovely memory and i love how you recreated your memory.

Lori Kobular said...

Anne what a beautiful starry sky card you created! It looks wonderful!

jimlynn said...

I can still remember when I said "star light, star bright" and it wasn't too terribly long ago. A very special time in my life and thank you for posting that and making me smile today - after a couple of tears too.
Love your beautiful card Anne! Stunning!
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous creation to pair with your gorgeously inked universe! I like it when a sentiment or image brings up memories of the past, don't you? Anne, this is beautiful, especially with the nebulae in the background. The last 6 weeks have been unusually harsh regarding my abilities, so I have not left as many comments as usual. I have enjoyed all your beautiful creations, and appreciate your inspiration. Please forgive my inability to get this fumble fingers working properly. hugs, de

Donna said...

What a stunning card Anne!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a cool make! The background is spectacular too! Love that saying!

Anne Buckingham said...

You might think I'm crazy, but it looks like a fun hat!

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

So clever! I love this.

laurie said...

Beautiful Anne!

Alina Florea said...

Excellent card, Anne! It is different but gorgeous! :) Hugs

Lena said...

This is such a beautiful and creative card, Anne, I love it. Especially with getting closer to graduation, this would be the perfect card for someone who is graduating and stepping into a very uncertain world right now. When I first saw your card, I thought of Pinocchio and the wish he makes to become a real boy, but then again Cinderella says ... A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep :-)
Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
Lena