Monday, March 23, 2020

Rock Out



Hey everyone, I have a fun birthday card to share with you today that is perfect for the music lover in your life 😀.

The recipient of this card is a drummer and I didn't have any drum kit stamps or dies.  So I googled free clip art and found this wonderful silhouette. I brought it into my editing software and added a blue shadow as well as creating a space on the large drum center to add a message.  The papers behind the image are also digital.

Next I printed it out and then stamped my Happy Birthday sentiment from Create A Smile (Vinyl Greetings) onto the drum.  Next I used a stamp from My Favorite Things (For the Record) and stamped it on white cardstock, die cut it using the Skinny Strips dies by My Favorite Things, and added the upper sentiment onto the card.  Both sentiments were stamped with VersaFine and heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.

For the inside of the card, I added this snarky stamp by River City Rubber Works that I've had for a very long time.  I added a touch of color to the candles using my Spectrum Noir Sparkle markers.





Until next time.....


5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous make Anne! What a clever idea to take the clip art and make it work with the digital paper too! Love the inside sentiment too! Perfect card for a drummer.

Vicki said...

This is fantastic, Anne! I love the silhouette image against the music patterned paper. I will have to keep this in mind for future projects..... Thanks for the inspiration.

Anne Buckingham said...

Great card for old hippies, and some music fans approaching middle age. Cute card.

Donna said...

Fantastic card Anne, like that background music paper!

Jan Mahew said...

Anne, Rock ON! Sensational Creation! Thank you for sharing your magnificent talents with us... you are an inspiration!
MANY HUGS!
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)